Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their Engine Coolant?

Based on the 2017 Manual, coolant level should be checked every 6 months and replaced at 192,000 km (120,000 miles) in Canada.
My car is 3 years old and only has 50,000 km (barely driving because of the pandemic and working from home) so I was thinking to get it tested in the meantime?

Quote form ALS Limited website:
"A major cause of equipment failure can be attributed to improperly functioning cooling systems, yet they can be the most overlooked component. Testing monitors the condition of the coolant to ensure proper cooling system operation. Just as is the case with engine oils, engine coolant, whether extended life coolant (ELC) or conventional, can be exposed to contamination, coolant dilution, additive mixing, and oxidation due to extreme temperatures. Testing also indicates cooling systems problem such as cavitation, corrosion, and pending component failure such as pumps. Laboratory testing removes all uncertainty, and regular testing allows you to closely monitor your cooling system." (Coolant testing : ALS)

I don't have any issues with any systems at this time (knock on wood).

Should I spend energy getting a testing kit or leave it be?

Remarks:
*1 Use of FL-22 is recommended when replacing engine coolant. Using engine coolant other than FL-22 may
cause serious damage to the engine and cooling system.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Interesting... I know mine is checked and topped up(if needed) at ever service, under a section on the invoice "top us of fluids, specifies what fluid and what was used to top up". No replacement (drain and refill) done thus far. But I think it has a lot to do with the country and climate/driving conditions. Kind of justifies the reason that there are coolants for different seasons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts