Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There'll be some parts of this review that not all CX-3 owners appreciate but I think that on balance, this one best describes the car. It certainly finds what attracted me to it and what I struggled with. In my humble opinion this review gets 5 stars.

https://youtu.be/JQSN4SvJzyg

·
Registered
893 Posts
I love this guy's reviews, he's funny. There's some things I don't agree with and I think misses the point like "you would get this over the Mazda 3 only for the AWD". No absolutely not, I've said this before, even if they made the Mazda 3 AWD I would not get it over this. The CX-3 just looks far better inside and out. Maybe when Mazda redesigns the 3, which in my opinion is in the most immediate need of a redesign, then I would consider it.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but Greaseman do you think that he means if it was on 3 underpinnings - for example just the rear multi link suspension rather than the torsion bar? I can see where he's coming from in his hypothesis because I found it too. I thought it was better to bring the running gear down on top of the job than over work it up.

Don't get me wrong, what they achieved is amazing.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that's my fault because I didn't explain clearly. The only comparison we should be making is between the Mazda 2 platform on which the CX-3 sits and the Mazda 3 platform. You can't have a 3 fuel tank because it simply doesn't fit in either the FWD form or AWD in which it straddles the prop shaft. I suppose we've just answered the question that the CX-3 design team were faced with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts