Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, was planning to install a curt tow bar today but the 4 bumper bar bolts you use as mounting points are rusted to hell on my car. One has snapped already and another is very seized & probably will break. I have the nut off another but the carriage bolt itself is still wedged/stuck in place and needs some better access to hammer it out and remove fully(I'll take bumper off completely tomorrow to get at it).
I'm hoping someone here has dimensions for these bolts. I found the nut is m10x1.25 I believe, so since I can't get the bolts themselves out of the car yet to measure I was hoping someone could verify the bolt length and size of the head of the bolt(the square bit that interlocks with the frame). Don't really want to shell out $50 for 4 bolts & nuts so I'm planning to just buy non-Mazda hardware to replace once I know what I need.
I think part numbers are 9YA0-2100S bolt & 9994-01-003 nut.
Appreciate any help!

· Registered
52 Posts
I also installed a Curt hitch. If I remember the bolts are welded in place. You will have to drill them out and in that case just use galvanized bolts and large washers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts