Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well now they've even removed the Roof rack coming soon picture from Mazdausa's accessories page. I'm getting really close to going the Rhino Rack route.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Gang,
This is Bob at Bass Mazda.
I thought you might like to know a Mazda2 Rack can be fitted to the CX3 with nice results.
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Tools needed: Step Drill.

[/URL][/IMG]

Instructions:
Remove gutter rails, mark receiver bolt locations dead center, Drill holes with some kind of backing (i used corrugated cardboard strips), reattach.
Use Rear Right stanchion at Front Left position and Rear Left at Front Right position.
Use Front Left at Rear Left, and Front Right at Rear Right.

This rack is rated at 110 pounds.

Hope this helps!
-Bob Rasmussen
Bass Mazda
Sheffield, Ohio

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Awesome post Bob. Do you know what years of the Mazda2 would fit?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Good work Bob. Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
OK. I went with Bob's recommendation above and i now have a Mazda2 OEM rack on my CX-3. It was probably the most difficult rack i've ever installed but it came out good. It is hard to get the drilled holes to line up right.

Thanks again for the intel. I'm getting a set of winter rims and tires put on tomorrow. I'll get some photos of the my snow beast when its done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed a set of Rhino Racks on my girlfriends car. Very nice and low. Took longer then most racks I've installed but I like the look a lot.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nice! Thank you for the pics. I was hoping that they wouldnt be too high up but they seem perfect for what I was looking for.

To those looking for oem roof racks, a mazda dealership (maybe?) from australia is finally selling them on ebay. Depends on your location prices may vary but I feel as if the rhino racks are more appealing with height but thats just my perspective.

I got a quote from a mazda dealership here also who claimed he could have some imported but it would cost over $1200 for the racks and installation.. where the rhino racks online would be around 330- 350.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Good looking racks! Did you need to drill any holes?
It requires drilling into the plastic gutter rail cover to get access to the oem mounting spot hidden down there. Its a little more work but looks a whole lot better than a metal hook off of the roof and into the door jamb.

But if you are going to remove them often, then perhaps the one with the hooks might be more ideal since most dont require taking any tools to your car's roof.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you have an eBay link? Definitely not worth importing the parts at that price, but maybe the page has a part number for reference.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For what it's worth: I exchanged emails with Mazda Customer Experience today, and the rep said that the OEM roof rack would be available next month.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I don't know what your experiences are with the Rhino Racks, but with a moonroof the Mazda2 rack was very very loud. I've had roof racks on almost every car i've owned and never heard this much before. I am thinking it actually may be poor insulation and the generally light built of this car. I just came from a hatchback Saab that also had an OEM/Thule square bar roof rack and it didn't transmit nearly this much into the car. But my Saab was built like a tank compared to this.

I have a roof fairing on order that will hopefully help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Areo bar from rhino rack which is still noisy. Would make sense that it cuts wind noise because it's more oval shape. I would think the square bar would be noisier.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mazda CX3 Roof Racks 75KGS New Genuine 2015 Accessories | eBay

Turns out it was not an actual mazda dealer but they claim its a genuine mazda part, still dont know how accurate this information is however.

Edit:
The post also has this if its any help, but again I cant confirm its validity.
Manufacturer Part Number: DB2W-V0-630
I've bought from this seller before. They are genuine parts that come in Mazda packaging, with Mazda instructions and Mazda part No.s

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've bought from this seller before. They are genuine parts that come in Mazda packaging, with Mazda instructions and Mazda part No.s
I can also confirm that this seller is genuine. Bought the bonnet (hood) protector from them. Genuine Mazda part.

41 - 60 of 139 Posts