Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
This thread definitely caught my interest in the last week and I just ordered a set today. I also have a set of universal UR mud flaps from rally armor and I figured I could use the template/mounting hardware for these and compare the fit, function, and looks of the two after some trimming and modification. Ironically I have the oem mazda "splash guards" also but like many of you have said, its pretty much a shelf to catch slush. If I can request close up pictures of the rear flap from front and back view? The rear ones are what have me on the fence about these since on the site they look kind of like a large cheap plastic extension.

·
Registered
745 Posts
This thread definitely caught my interest in the last week and I just ordered a set today. I also have a set of universal UR mud flaps from rally armor and I figured I could use the template/mounting hardware for these and compare the fit, function, and looks of the two after some trimming and modification. Ironically I have the oem mazda "splash guards" also but like many of you have said, its pretty much a shelf to catch slush. If I can request close up pictures of the rear flap from front and back view? The rear ones are what have me on the fence about these since on the site they look kind of like a large cheap plastic extension.
Those of us braving the North American winter might want to consider putting on both! RokBlokz, for utility ... in front of the OEMs, for style.

Actually, it should work ... the RokBlokz in front would keep the debris, the flotsam and jotsam, out of the OEMs.

For the price we paid for the OEMs, they deserve a little "Protection" (with apologies to EBTG).

·
Registered
491 Posts
So I did a small project today finally putting my old universal rally armor flaps to use instead of gathering dust in the garage. It was as simple as tracing the holes from the rokbloks flap to the other ones after alignment with the bottom edge of every flap. 3/8" drill bit in the center of each square outline was decent and gave a little wiggle room to adjust flap when installing on the car. Overall I personally prefer these over the rokblokz ones and definitely over the oems which accumulated a quite a bit of dirt already from just 2000ish miles of driving.

*Pictures are out of order as chromebooks are irritating to use for uploading*

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
The good thing about these flaps is that they are easily able to be trimmed and shortened as needed. I have yet to trim the new flaps but maybe later on in the rear as it feels way too wide for the tire width. Also I am not implying the rokblokz flaps are bad or anything like that at all, it is just a personal preference of mine as I am not a fan of hard plastic flaps that will scrape and essentially "lower" ground clearance. Their mounting hardware was perfect for this car except the plastic push in screw slot for the bottom screws of the front flaps. I used needle nose pliers to hold it in place practically until the screw was in all the way. That as my only gripe with the installation process as everything else went smooth overall.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Finally got my set of mudflaps and installed them!

Overall I really like them. Not sure if I will leave or remove the decal on them though.

Props to Rokblokz though for a quality item and its fast shipping, oh and the candy lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bumping an old thread...

For those who have had these on their CX-3, do the RokBlokz significantly cut down on the "crud" the rear hatch collects?

My 2016's hatch (bought used in January) is horrible. It's caked with debris and, due to previous owner, will need a good paint correction to fix the swirls/scratches caused by moving all that crud around. Looking to get a set of these after I fix those issues....if they help.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Bumping an old thread...

For those who have had these on their CX-3, do the RokBlokz significantly cut down on the "crud" the rear hatch collects?

My 2016's hatch (bought used in January) is horrible. It's caked with debris and, due to previous owner, will need a good paint correction to fix the swirls/scratches caused by moving all that crud around. Looking to get a set of these after I fix those issues....if they help.
Because I was the odd one out and went a different route with this I would say 'most likely' as an answer to the rokblokz flaps. Although if you are talking about the rear bumper panel where the paint is I would be curious as to how they got it so dirty in the first place. Regarding the rallyarmor flaps I can confirm they do stop back/side debris splash especially on the rear flaps since the entire tire width and then some is covered. As an added bonus both sets of flaps also stop gunk from accumulating in the inner rear (and front too just did not take pictures of it at the time I saw this). Considering its 3+yrs and still looks pretty clean I was surprised but its good reference to have.

Note: I havent washed the car in a while since have yet to connect the hose for the season but I promise it doesnt look as faded and discolored as it currently does in the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the reply, SlyCoopers.

I'm talking about the entire rear hatch...Haven't really examined anything else closely back there after I discovered, and knew, a paint correction on the entire vehicle would be needed anyway (black paint!). I didn't want to go ahead with the correction until I got the cause back there sorted as best as possible first. Right now, if you run your hand over my hatch it feels like sandpaper.

The previous owner took great care of it, but he didn't know how to wash and care for a black vehicle, unfortunately.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the reply, SlyCoopers.

I'm talking about the entire rear hatch...Haven't really examined anything else closely back there after I discovered, and knew, a paint correction on the entire vehicle would be needed anyway (black paint!). I didn't want to go ahead with the correction until I got the cause back there sorted as best as possible first. Right now, if you run your hand over my hatch it feels like sandpaper.

The previous owner took great care of it, but he didn't know how to wash and care for a black vehicle, unfortunately.
I'll clean the crap that just collected on the back of mine from the massive rain and windstorm that we just had and I'll let you know next time I go for a long drive. I haven't really been watching it. One variable... I have a hitch mount bike rack, but I think it's far enough from the body that it won't have an impact.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll clean the crap that just collected on the back of mine from the massive rain and windstorm that we just had and I'll let you know next time I go for a long drive. I haven't really been watching it. One variable... I have a hitch mount bike rack, but I think it's far enough from the body that it won't have an impact.
Thanks! I'm sure you would have noticed. I've never owned a vehicle that is as bad for this as the CX-3. I've never felt the need for mudflaps on any other vehicle I've owned, so that says something. The rear hatch is just a magnet. Something about the design and resulting airflow....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks! I'm sure you would have noticed. I've never owned a vehicle that is as bad for this as the CX-3. I've never felt the need for mudflaps on any other vehicle I've owned, so that says something. The rear hatch is just a magnet. Something about the design and resulting airflow....
No. No, they don't keep the back clean at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep. That's how mine looks after about 2 minutes worth of driving. I may just have to live with it and just keep the rear waxed and cleaned.

I'm starting to develop a love/hate relationship with this vehicle....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Decided to get the flaps anyway, despite mixed opinions. Figure they need to help at least a little. Any help is better than none. Again, I've never owned/driven a hatch that is as prone to a mess back there like this vehicle. Nasty.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts