Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Nope, I've not purchased them ... but having just installed the OEM Mazda versions, I'll comment.

1. The Rokblokz appear to be flat, conventional "flaps" ... not the molded, sculpted, more stylish Mazda versions.

2. They would be more practical than the Mazdas in our "Northern Country."

3. The concave-to-the front Mazdas efficiently catch and hold our winters' snow, ice, and slush ... impractical, but very stylish.
4. Absent numerous trips to Tahoe, practicality may not be your top priority ;)

P.S. Plus, I'll bet the Rokblokz are much easier to install than the Mazdas.

·
Registered
234 Posts
An annoyingly amount of the stuff. The state uses so much salt and the water used to make cheese to salt the roads that its a messy salty mush here. Cars rust very quickly here. I wash my car everywhere every saturday during the winter months just to keep rust at bay and oil what i can to keep exposed bolt threads and such from rusting.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just installed my set of mud flaps and I have a list of my pros and cons as well as pictures of the installation.

-Pros:
Very easy to install (granted I had a car lift to help).
Nice durable OEM feel to it (OEM is that same ridged style mud flat but much thicker material than OEM).
Matches well with the black plastic trim as one side has the same rough texture as the black trim pieces.
CAME WITH CANDY!

-Cons:
The rear mount requres a small L shape bracket to extend below the fender with a screw going through, exposing the sharp point of the screw (not very clean look but I can swap those screws with black sheet metal screws)
You have to place the vinyl logo yourself which does not stick on very well and looks cheap looking when applied (kept mine off after a test piece)
Provided screws are silver and contrast badly against the black which again I will swap those screws out for black sheet metal screws.

Others:
Did I mentioned it came with CANDY!!!! Holy smokes 4/5 stars just for that if anything (1 star off just because of those expose screws)
My instructions for some reason was printed on sticker paper which would imply I stick it somewhere?

Overall I'm very pleased with this product and just by the way it is now I highly recommend them as an alternative to other products such as rallyarmor since this is way cheaper and I feel as though this is pretty excellent quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
These looks great! I think I shall purchase :p. Can you instal these with the tires still attached?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Its a real tight fit especially when trying to pry off the plastic pins. I had to use a narrow chisel (or flat head screwdriver) to pry it out. Also to screw them in using a small hand drill with a Philips head makes it much easier but only possible with tires off. I'm also planning on putting my own logo for the bottom using durable spray paint since the decals they provide doesn't stick very well nor do I think it would survive the snow so currently its all blank. Might spray paint ALOHA or something on one of them to see how it comes out.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Those look sharp. I thought the decal was part of the actual flap, didn't realize it was a decal. The decal was a turn off. Knowing they come without them, my interest is piqued.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yea I was also under the assumption that the company's logo was already printed on the flaps but I was wrong. Also if its piques your interest more you do get candy! I got those smarties chalk candies things.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Its a real tight fit especially when trying to pry off the plastic pins. I had to use a narrow chisel (or flat head screwdriver) to pry it out. Also to screw them in using a small hand drill with a Philips head makes it much easier but only possible with tires off. I'm also planning on putting my own logo for the bottom using durable spray paint since the decals they provide doesn't stick very well nor do I think it would survive the snow so currently its all blank. Might spray paint ALOHA or something on one of them to see how it comes out.
Will these be your main flaps once winter hits? I want to get some before winter and wondering how good these hold up. Thankfully our city stopped using salt for the roads.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I won't know for sure how well these will handle in the snow yet in terms of how well it will hold up but I'm sure this is the same as their other cut out for other brands and from what I read they hold up pretty well. It wouldn't hurt to get these as its better than nothing. Last year I got a lot of snow kicking up and getting stuck where the mud flaps now cover up and protect which I think will help save my paint a little more from having crud flung at it. Most of the fasteners are hard nylon and stainless steel screws/brackets so rusting shouldn't be a big deal yet. I wish here in WI they would stop using so much salt and salty solution on the roads as its kills so many of our cars here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad you like them! I was confident they would work out pretty well but now I know for sure!

Do you have any pictures of your Cx3 with them on from afar? Would like to see how they make it look!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Will do ASAP. Just as a side note I've experienced from prior cars and customer cars that had various brands of mud flaps and some (unsure of brands) causes weird wind noise that can be noticeable especially at higher speeds. How common this is I'm not entirely sure but I can confirm for me anyways that going "legal" highway speed limits no additional wind noise is made.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts