Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Also keep in mind if there is an issue with order or item you gotta pay like $70+ ish to return it back to china which was unfortunate when I had to return the screen replacement version but better than losing 400+

·
Registered
3 Posts

I'm assuming this is the same unit, just pretending to be something else. I just purchased a 2020 CX-3 which already has android auto & carplay, but the basic garmin-sized dash screen really bothers me. It's also positioned off center which is strange.

I know that this was mainly for the CX-3 models without the factory screen, but the original uploader mentioned this works in any car and retains all factory system settings.

So as long as carplay still works, that's all I really care about personally :D.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That listing is kind of misleading. The only way it can retain all oem systems is if it still uses the oem box and just swaps out the screen with a wider screen unit with a sideloaded android os that runs through aux audio as i experimented with on another post. This looks like a full replacement and albiet very overpriced lol identical to the Chinese units on aliexpress for half the price. If it uses carplay youre relying on its own variation of it which is very hit or miss and is nowhere near as stable as mazdas version on the oem unit. Also there will not be usable reverse camera without running your own wire and probably camera. (You can use the camera retention hardware i listed in earlier post but youll still need the reverse trigger). Also the command knob control is not going to be the same as mazdas, no navigating with the knob youll be solely using it for volume, next/prev, and app launches in the os thats outside of carplay.

I dont mean to be a downer but these are the realities of any aftermarket unit for the cx3 no matter what the seller advertises. Its not bad persay but definitely different if youre used to mazdas oem setup.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sad reality is they all get from same drop shipper factory and try to advertise different things like they hand wrote the code for it. Mazdas oem system is very closed source and mazda io hacks aside, anyone selling software that uses mazdas actual code (if it were to actually retain anything oem wise like lights, hud,cmu knob etc) mazda would fight to shut it down overnight most likely

21 - 26 of 26 Posts