Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

First time poster, please be kind! =)
I've had my CX-3 for just over a month now and loving it!

I've uploaded 2 pictures, the first is a stock photo from the Mazda site, it shows the reverse camera view. The second is a shot of what my view looks like. The difference is that my view has a fish-eye perspective, i.e. the corners are rounded and rear bumper is actually visible in the display as well.

For the life of me, I remember my reverse view as being the same as the stock photo, and only a few days ago its changed??!

Has anyone else witnessed this or seen this behavior?

Which view do other CX-3 owners have?

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have the fisheye lens as well. There are many regional differences but would assume this one is universal. I appreciate the wider perspective.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was thinking the same, wondering if it changed or that I didn't remember it right....
I am at the dealer tomorrow so will check an other CX-3.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I find the quality of the resolution to be less than great. I've seen other cars with much better resolution than what mazda put in. I hope they change the camera for the better in the new cx-9

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was thinking the same, wondering if it changed or that I didn't remember it right....
I am at the dealer tomorrow so will check an other CX-3.
Mine is fisheye but nowhere near what you have photographed, you sure it hasn't moved? I do find it picks up dirt quickly and I now have a reputation of a dude that keeps cleaning the backside of the car, the comment was worse than that but I don't want to upset the mods..... :nerd:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone,

I've uploaded 2 pictures, the first is a stock photo from the Mazda site, it shows the reverse camera view. The second is a shot of what my view looks like. The difference is that my view has a fish-eye perspective, i.e. the corners are rounded and rear bumper is actually visible in the display as well.

For the life of me, I remember my reverse view as being the same as the stock photo, and only a few days ago its changed??!

Thanks everyone!
I bought my CX-3 last week, in my memory reverse camera was a plain view and suddenly 2 days ago I realise camera changed to fish-eye view (same as your photo). It's strange!!!! Hopefully it's a normal view. After read this topic I know not only me raise this question :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Bus, you said: I now have a reputation of a dude that keeps cleaning the backside of the car, the comment was worse than that but I don't want to upset the mods.....

Far from upsetting at least one of the "mods" he'll award you "brownie points" for the keeping the backside clean, Lol

P.S. Probably the the other one as well :))

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, also a newbie. I have experienced exactly the same camera view change in my Akira, purchased Nov 2016. I am absolutely certain my original perspective was not fish eye and it changed to fish eye the day before I booked my 10,000k service. I asked the service department to check it and they said it is the factory setting and could not find a problem.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I dont think that there is no view beside fish eye that can show that much of a picture. And i think that cameras lens make that view and no software.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just my .02 here... Constant "slamming" of trunk door forces small components closer than intended eventually forcing the lens to be close than it was designed to and hence forcing the "fish eye" look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!
This is an issue with the camera on this model, mine worked well for 3 years and showed a rectangular display, suddenly last month it changed to oval so I could see the edges of the number plate.
A new camera was fitted by the dealer but also showed an oval display but not quite so bad. I have removed the new camera but there. Is no physical adjustment so I would assume it is software related.
I will take it up with the dealer again tomorrow.
Other (used) CX3’s I have checked have been the same but a new CX5 showed a rectangular display as my CX3 used to!!!?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts