Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi CX-3 friends,

I ordered new mirror assembly because I have a crack on the existing one. I am picking it up tomorrow from our local Mazda dealer and am looking for technical diagram for replacing it.

Would you please share one if you have it available?

Best,
Marcin

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Here you are.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Yes, take the door card off and you’ll see what to do.

Attachments

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All done now ;)

I ended up removing the door panel than the second inside panel as well to run the cable nicely around the windshield rail. I do not think anyone can do it just through that small triangular access opening. If you did, you must have baby size hands or cool tools that I need (LoL)
It might have been a bit more work, but I enjoyed it and know it is done perfectly now.
Thanks again for the diagrams.

I will post some pictures shortly in case it might be useful for someone else.
@JPA,
after finishing the job, I realize the idea to reuse the cable would not work at all. My problem was that main plastic frame around the mirror cracked in the corner and I lost backside black plastic that goes under the painted cover.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know where I could buy a 10 pack of new door clips?
For me, 5 clips stayed in place and one broke.

Here is a video of the CX3 door panel removed with a nice view at the triangle I referred to and clip removal trick I like:

· Registered
5 Posts
All done now ;)

I ended up removing the door panel than the second inside panel as well to run the cable nicely around the windshield rail. I do not think anyone can do it just through that small triangular access opening. If you did, you must have baby size hands or cool tools that I need (LoL)
It might have been a bit more work, but I enjoyed it and know it is done perfectly now.
Thanks again for the diagrams.

I will post some pictures shortly in case it might be useful for someone else.
@JPA,
after finishing the job, I realize the idea to reuse the cable would not work at all. My problem was that main plastic frame around the mirror cracked in the corner and I lost backside black plastic that goes under the painted cover.
I know this is an old post but.... I installed a new assembly and now realize I need to go back in and thread the cable around the windshield rail to keep the window from hitting when when rolling it down. Your info on removing the second inside panel was helpful. The only other issue I have is the Blind Spot Monitoring light is extremely dim. Seems to work ok, but you barely see it. Did you have this issue? Thanks - hope you are still on the road. This is my wife's 2019 Touring CX 3.

· Registered
5 Posts
I know this is an old post but.... I installed a new assembly and now realize I need to go back in and thread the cable around the windshield rail to keep the window from hitting when when rolling it down. Your info on removing the second inside panel was helpful. The only other issue I have is the Blind Spot Monitoring light is extremely dim. Seems to work ok, but you barely see it. Did you have this issue? Thanks - hope you are still on the road. This is my wife's 2019 Touring CX 3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.