Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Repeat v Shuffle

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Mazcat 
#1 ·
I really would like the music I am playing (USB) stay on Shuffle when I start the car. Three out of five times it reverts to Repeat for some reason. Any clues or fix's in here?

#2 ·
It's a strange issue that is know - Some USBs "reset" as if plugged in after the car starts, some have mentioned it's the actual chipset in the USB, other say it's the size or file system.
I had the same issue, changed the drive to a Sandisk 16GB and fixed the issue. Now it resumes the song that was playing and doesn't by default change to repeat/shuffle.

#5 ·
Confusing Post Con. Is English your first lingo? It is "ShuFFle" BTW.
For anyone interested in the possible cause of my problem - here goes.
When the car is started the first thing on the display is the Startup Screen with the AGREE bar across the bottom. When the AGREE bar is touched it takes a considerable time to disappear and I found myself touching the AGREE bar again (thinking that it hadn't reacted to my touch). From my seat position (RHD) I found I was touchng the AGREE bar towards its left side (near REPEAT & SHUTTLE [for Con]) ;) . My presumption now, is that the software is ahead of the display change (graphics) and it passively took the second touch as an AUDIO touch instead of an AGREE touch.
I don't touch the AGREE bar twice now (patience) and the AUDIO resumes on SHUFFLE, as it should. Hasn't changed to REPEAT since the lightbulb moment. Maybe the IT folk could tweak the program if I am correct.

#6 ·
Mazda AIO tweaks, I've used that from very long ago. Literally 6months after I got the car.
There's all sorts of tweaks.
My choices all leaned to the side of menu mods.
Warning screen time (less than 0.2sec) so it's as if it doesn't even show.
Wrap around scrolling (left to right and bottom to top), menu loops.
Rearranged the info show in the clock space of the screen - Date, time bearing.
Re-arranged the location of the shuffle/repeat button.
Mute button pauses media, and mutes Radio.
Re-Enabled the Wifi.

FYI, it's still at your own risk, even though the software is stable.
And you cannot do ALL the tweaks, as the standard MZDconnect setup has limited hardware. Hence why it requires the Android Auto upgrade hardware.
I can't comment on the AA tweaks, as I'm not running it. I like to keep car system running independently from my phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.