Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Mazda instructions for the removal & refitting of the internal A pillar trim? Hint - Anchorman :) At present the cable from my dash cam just goes across the joint at the top of the trim from the windscreen to the external rubber strip, but I want to fix it underneath the trim (probably down inside the trim)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Much obliged if you'd document the process/your experience routing the cable ... especially removing and replacing the A pillar trim.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Much obliged if you'd document the process/your experience routing the cable ... especially removing and replacing the A pillar trim.
Having looked at the Mazda instructions, I'm having second thoughts. It looks rather complicated with the need to cut a wire between a grommet and one of the clips, plus installing new grommet and clips when refitting the pillar with no mention of replacing the wire (?). I'll wait to hear other owner's experience before going ahead.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I pulled the trim away from the body but left it tethered by the one clip. I found it was possible to get the wire down the pillar, and cable tied to the existing wiring loom to keep it above the airbag, then clip the trim back in place.

It was fiddly to do that way, but I didn't want to have to prise that tethering clip from the body or cut and replace it with a new one, which is the 'proper' way to do it. The tether is there to stop the trim from flying across the car and causing injury if the airbag is deployed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts