Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Removing door panel for speaker replacement on 2019

5K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Riker 
#1 ·
Hello,

Want to replace the stock speakers in my daughter's 2019 CX-3 and cannot find any video on how to do that on this specific year model. I've seen quite a few on older CX-3 or Mazda 3, but 2019 does not have the same door configuration so I don't know where the 2 screws are or how to remove this panel.

Any help from someone with experience in replacing stock speakers in the 2019 CX-3 would be greatly appreciated ! Video instructions would be even better ! :)

Thank you,

Cheers,

Stephane

#3 ·
Thank you so much !!!

In step 5. I will assume that I have to "pop" off the plastic piece that has the window up / down buttons ? In the older versions the screw was in the "handle" part but on this model there is no such handle so I'm good to remove that "carbon fiber looking" plastic part ? I can't see how else to get to that screw.

Stephane

#4 ·
I guess that's the part I'm missing:

Remove the power window main switch (driver-seat) or the power window subswitch (front passenger-seat).
(See POWER WINDOW MAIN SWITCH REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.) (See POWER WINDOW SUBSWITCH
REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)

Where did you find this document ? Where would I find the above referenced document ?

Thanks again, I really appreciate it !

Stephane

#5 ·
Yea thats what I was referring to, it was from a old post on this forum years back. The paper is referencing 2016 model but I presume it should still apply since mazda has not drastically changed anything to our knowledge (but we could be wrong??). Unfortunatly I dont have all the paperwork on it as I just try to save as many files as I find occasionally posted on here by those generous enough to share pdfs from when they had access to the fsm.

But that part should be all clips and the wire connector underneath. Its a pain to get out the first time since everything is really stiff but itl give eventually.

#8 ·
Thank you very much Slycoopers,

That is really great information. Much appreciated.

This is what I'm planning on putting in:
  • Focal Integration ISS 165 components fronts
  • Focal Integration RCX 165 rears
  • Alpine PowerPack KTP445U amp
  • Dynamat Pro damping
If the bass is not good enough (the Focals only go down to 60hz) I might add a Kicker 46HS10 later on.

She has a limited budget and just want better sound than stock factory, which sounds pretty terrible actually, so any improvement will be welcomed.

I'm most likely going to "attempt" the speaker install, but I'll get a pro shop to install the Amp. Not comfortable enough for that yet, and don't want to mess up my daughter's car LOL !

Cheers,

Stephane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.