Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the outer grill trim (the chrome surround) come off? It's available as separate parts (MA1212103 and MA1213103)... it looks like it should just clip into place, so can it just be yanked off? In the parts fiche it looks like there might be a spring/clip and mounting hole, but on actual photos of the parts it doesn't look like there's anything other than clips. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Edit: This is for 16-18 not sure if they changed it for the new grille design for 19+

Dont try to pull it off or else you will break stuff. I had a truck roll back in neutral and crack my trim pieces with their rear bumper and I remember having to remove the front bumper entirely and 3-5 screws in the process. Clips are also involved but its really a pain to remove unless absolutely necessary since its wedges really deep and awkward angles on the upper area. The entire piece is also really fragile too which sucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bumper-Trim-For-2016-2018-Mazda-CX-3-Front-Driver-Side/352575111776?fits=Model:CX-3|Make:Mazda&hash=item52171d4260:g:NXgAAOSwE4hd1dl5

Look at the last picture of the rear side. There is also a metal rivet/plastic(?) plug shaft thing on the lip that sticks out, above the sticker on the rear picture view. That is what makes it a pain to remove since it must come out straight or else youre cracking the bumper. I think there are 4 screws involved based on the picture. Left corner next to yellow clip. Mid area one is next to clip and then one further down. Then I believe there is also a screw hole on the lowest part.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Also if you are trying to remove the grille itself from the bumper for painting or whatever purpose, its near impossible to do so without breaking rivets on top and re-riveting it in place. No idea why mazda over complicated this grille area. That accident also dented the black grille part under the plastic chrome trim on my cx3 and I was looking into replacements and learned that its part of the bumper unit itself. Its not impossible to remove it but its alot of work than most of us want to bother with considering the potential for damaging the already fragile bumper cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts