Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the standard "Remote Start" option be installed into a CX-3 versus the "Mobile Remote Start"? My understanding is the standard remote start uses a key fob (fine by me) and the mobile remote start uses a mobile phone (not a good option for me), so I want the fob solution. Would prefer a Mazda/dealer-installed option versus some 3rd party add-on. Thanks in advance for any info/advice. (Will be getting the Grand Touring with all the safety add-ons if that matters to the answer!).

·
Registered
303 Posts
yes, both versions available at dealership

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just a heads up regarding the Mazda remote starter.

When you start y our vehicle remotely and open your car door, the engine shuts off. It's totally annoying!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3rd Party Option

Thank you for the replies. After some rethinking, I will ask the dealership about having a 3rd party install a fob-based remote start. I heard my dealership does partner up with a local-area reputable company -- so maybe I will go that route. I am leaning towards getting a lease and do not what to negatively affect that with a shabby/flakey install. I am figuring if the dealer coordinates the install with their partner, my residual value should not suffer a big hit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my CX-3 and so far I love it. It has the standard fob-based remote start option installed by the dealer as part of my deal. I'm interested in the Mobile Start since my office is a short walk from my parking garage. Is it possible to ADD-ON the Mobile Start without swapping out the whole thing - for the full $500?

·
Registered
6 Posts
another remote start comment

When I play around with building a CX3 online, adding the mobile starter adds $550 to the price of the car. When I bought mine, I was trying to keep my monthly payment below a certain amount, so I decided to get the starter added later. Today, I called to set up an appointment, and they quoted me $957.00. I asked if there was a difference between the key fob starter and the mobile starter, and he said there was not.

Does this seem right? I can't really afford an extra $400 just because I didn't get installed on the car to begin with.

:(
JoAnne

·
Registered
871 Posts
Could it be the $550 is the cost of the product and the difference from your later quote is the addition of labor? Then you have tax. IMO, 1k for remote starter is a bit out of hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.