Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a heads up and clarification on a new recall being issued (currently US vehicles affected) and soon to roll out some time in October. This is regarding the gas struts on our vehicles rear hatch. This is a notice to Mazda techs about the inspection process as well as the letter that explains the recall. I mentioned this in another thread but I have posted PDFs of what was issued to Mazda technicians. Currently no accidents have been reported and that may be due to the fact that our cars are too new to corrode the gas struts but same cannot be said about the 3s and 5s.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I don't see how a fault like this can be regional. I suspect we are all inviolved as long as the law of the country protects us.

·
Registered
451 Posts
The information I have says it involves 2.2 million cars worldwide. So, it appears everyone in the world who has a Mazda made since 2013 with a rear hatch liftgate will be getting a notice sooner or later.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I do not think this applies to the '17s (as of now).

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct skyking, this recall only affects up to 2016 (I do periodic checks for any updates) with the affected serial numbers located on the gas struts. This recall should start being mailed out starting in about 2 weeks or so (not 100% on time) from today. But as most "part replacement" type recalls, you will be mailed your letter in batches so contact your dealer when you receive your letter and do not be like many customers thinking "oh you have a lot back there just give me a set" as that is not how these things work (these parts are VIN tied and are recorded as such). I can't tell you how many people do this with our airbag recall (thanks takata).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thank you so much Snoogie. I guess I do not need to be concerned with this particular issue then. Instead, I'll need to be getting my wife's RAV4 back to the dealer soon for the seat belt recall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts