Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Italy!
I follow this forum from a lot of time, thanks to you I resolved several issues.
Now, I have a problem with a folded A/C nose behind radiator (I think due to a collision from the previous owner) of a 2015 CX-3 1.5 Diesel.
Because of this, that nose is too close to coolant reserve tank, and it melted and punctured the plastic tank.
I would try to resolve myself, returning the nose to it's original position.
I read the workshop manual section "A/C COMPRESSOR REMOVAL/INSTALLATION", gently posted here from @anchorman but I need another section not found in the forum: "REFRIGERANT LINE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION". It would be great if someone had it! I own diesel version of CX-3, but I think could be the same guide for petrol version.
Big thanks to everyone!

·
Registered
591 Posts
While I havent seen it here on the cx3 itself yet my previous experience with ac lines has been its a bolton part (becareful not to over tighten when mounting) and has a silicone(?) o-ring. The difference is depending which segment of the ac line it is (form compressor to consensor/ vs evap lines) at most there might be a sensor or something else as part of the line thats removable but usually its a unbolt and pull out the ends type process. They sell little plastic tools to pry the end off since it might be awkward to pull straight up depending how thick the oring is.

Btw when installing a new hose or even reinstalling the line you run the risk of 2 potential issues with the new lines.
1) o ring might be old and needs to be replaced
2)you need to add a dab of compressor oil to 'moisten' the oring so its not going in dry and brittle. (grade doesnt matter as long as its refridgerant compatible oil since you are only using it to create a wet seal and not for filling)

I recently replaced a compressor (came prefilled with oil thankfully), condenser, and aclines in my family's old nissan sentra and learn the hardway how easy it is to get a leak if you dont replace and lube orings. You will notice if theres a leak in the ac system during the vacuum process here. If you plan on recharging the ac system yourself this video is exactly what you need, the only downside is the tools hes using are not the same he is linking on amazon but the general idea still stands.

For reference take a look at the ends here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @SlyCoopers and big thanks for your precious and very detailed help.
I don't want to replace nose, I would only try to gently re-fold A/C nose in original position, due to being too close to the coolant reserve tank.
Problem is that nose come from behind the radiator (maybe I would say "from in the front" of the radiator), so I fear I have to dismount all front bumper to access it...

Hand Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yea you wont be able to rotate or bend the metal back into whatever position might have been there. At best I would suggest shoving something heat resistant like the foam they use for plumbing tubing to stop heat transfer and rubbing on the plastic. The metal bits of the ac lines are incredibly fragile and unless using specialized tools that wouldnt even be worth using here, it still poses a risk to crack the line if it is not already cracked. Unfortunatly the only option if it is truly deformed is a replacement or shoving something to stop contact with the plastic :/

Although you must be incredibly lucky if the tubing has been damaged and has not sprung a leak anywhere so thats something.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Actually now that Im thinking about it, if you dont have an ac leak (meaning ac still works cold) and if the previous owner had an accident you might have a issue with the radiator support bracket. The radiator and the ac condenser in the front are aligned by the bracket so if thats off which is common in front end collisions depending where damage struck it would move everything out of position which would explain if your lines are perfectly intact and cooling without any leakage since the rubber part down the ac line accomodates the displacement in the shift.

I had a similar issue since the family sentra hit a deer which damaged alot of stuff and replacing everything was a nightmare with the radiator bracket support frame as everything connects to that in the front end of the car and any small bend or twist which was common in my ebay replacement parts shifted everything out of alignment and required bending the bracket into place to stop my condenser rubbing onto my radiator fins lol.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I wish I could be more help but unfortunatly there is a great difference between diesel vs the 2.0 gas US model
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper Automotive tire

White Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts