Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey !

I'm a new owner of a CX-3 and really enjoy the drive. However, I needed to get rid of my stage2 Mazdaspeed3, but since it was a 3 seasons car and the beater wasn't reliable enough to carry a child in winter, I think it was the more suitable decision I could make.

Here is a small list of the cars I owned in the pass years and now:
- 1987 Mazda 323 LX - died
- 1991 Honda Civic CX - sold
- 2006 Mazda 3 GT-GFX - traded for Mazdaspeed 3
- 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 (stage 2 // three seasons car) - traded for CX-3
- 2004 Mazda 3 (winter beater) - traded for CX-3
- 2014 Mazda CX-5 GS (actual wife car)
- 2016 Mazda CX-3 GT (my actual car)

I come from a medium size city south of Montreal and my primary language is French so don't be rude at my spelling, I'm doing my best even if sometime I can get it wrong. :D

Anyway, got the red CX-3 with white leather seat and it looks awesome. I'm not looking put aftermarket stuff in a close future, but I would like to later on.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Good to hear from you Redbeast. All us boys/girls south of the boarder are still looking forward to the ownership experience or at least a test drive. Please keep us informed on what to expect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congratulations! Several people are concerned about the center armrest. So here goes some dumb, but easy questions. What trim do you have? Do you have an armrest? Does it block one or both of the cupholders? Can you post a pic? Thx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Red you did awesome, I don't think there are any spelling police here :)
I bet you are looking forward to driving it in the winter as I am here in Edmonton. I bought the GS with the AWD. Did you get the Mazda Mobile Starter?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the white trim. I know it can easily get dirty but the look is unsually and gives a touch of luxury.

There is no armrest. It could be annoying for people who are leaning over it, so I ordered the accessory that goes over the cup holder ($350 CAD). I still don't have it yet, I'll keep you in touch about it because I'm also concerned about the cup holders.

Don't have the mobile starter. May be that's something I will consider later, could be quite useful when it's -30 Celsius outside.

=============================

I have the car for only two weeks, so I'm still on the excitement of a new car, my opinion would not be very objective.
Maybe after a couple of week I would be in a better seat to gives a more rational opinion.

With my wife's car...

·
Registered
277 Posts
I took the white trim. I know it can easily get dirty but the look is unsually and gives a touch of luxury.

There is no armrest. It could be annoying for people who are leaning over it, so I ordered the accessory that goes over the cup holder ($350 CAD). I still don't have it yet, I'll keep you in touch about it because I'm also concerned about the cup holders.

Don't have the mobile starter. May be that's something I will consider later, could be quite useful when it's -30 Celsius outside.

I have the car for only two weeks, so I'm still on the excitement of a new car, my opinion would not be very objective.
Maybe after a couple of week I would be in a better seat to gives a more rational opinion.

With my wife's car...
[/QUOTE

Great looking pair. Hope to make a similar pose with our blue CX-5 and a new Soul red CX-3 in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looks Awesome Redbeast! The white is such a cool interior, if I could have gotten it in my GS I would have been all over it. I think I would be a-ok with the cleaning aspect of it.

I negotiated the mobile start into the deal, The only thing I am trying to figure out is why it stops as soon as I open the door. I agree with you, that it will be perfect for the really cold winters that you and I both will have this year.

·
Registered
265 Posts
That's quite the history of Mazda' s you've had there, with the list you had going on I was thinking i'd have a chance at seeing a 626 listed... still waiting for that day :D

Might end up being some member from Japan.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 626 was a but too expensive at this time of my life. When I had the 323 and civic, I was still at school and wasn't able to affort the price of a 626 or a millenia.
When I did complete, I bought a brand new car, and the 626 was discontinued at this point (Mazda6 could have been though but was more attracted by the Mazda3).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Interior looks sweet Redbeast! I will try to take a couple shots of mine tomorrow. How are you liking it?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seriously, I really like it.
The only thing I'm concerned about is the baby seat that I used to put on the rear seat. I'm affraid to damage the leather since it's very tight on it.
I putted a towel under it, crossing finger and hope it will be fine.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I hope the seat fits and doesn't do anything bad to the leather Redbeast. I too am really enjoying mine. Such a fun vehicle to drive

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just called the dealer about the armrest and they don't even know the part number, so they can't order it yet.
I asked if they have any idea when they gonna get it, they know nothing.

Great to sell accessories that you don't know anything about !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts