Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice the rear window leaving streak lines on the back window after driving in the rain. Combined with dirt and rain very annoying. Wondering if there should be a gasket around the spoiler that seals our rain from rolling down onto the window?? maybe a 2017 fix :)

Yes it is coated with lots or Rain X :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't notice anything of that sort. Only issue I have in that area is in the space between the rear windshield and trunk water and dirt build up in place, annoys me a bit, but it's as easy as wiping it with a cloth.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've had my rear wiper on all day as its been dumping in Seattle. The wiper has been clearing its surface with no issues. Its clean and streak free in the wipers path. No Rain X or other applicants have been used. Maybe you have a bad blade that isn't affective.

FWIW hatches are notorious for having dirty rear ends. Their design allows all the muck to collect on the glass and lid.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Due to the body aerodynamics, there is a low pressure region which doesn't allow stuff to get washed away resulting in dirt collecting after the water dries up. This is common to all SUVs. Not much you can do except wash the car.

Reactions: anchorman

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I’m thinking I might remove my spoiler at some stage and put a trip of double sided tape in there to stop it clattering when I shut the door. I don’t think I could get annoyed about trickles of water but you might like to consider the same ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts