Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if it's possible to completely remove the rear seat bottoms, so the cargo area is completely flat when rear seat backs are folded forward. I completely removed rear seats in my '97 Rav4 (only 4 bolts hold seat in place); the increase in cargo capacity was significant. Never have people sit in the rear, so the seats were not missed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm not sure about this. I saw the car at the Toronto auto show but I couldn't see if the rear seats are removable and there wasn't any mention of it that I saw. It would be a good thing to have though because it would make it more versatile and utilitarian.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm not sure about this. I saw the car at the Toronto auto show but I couldn't see if the rear seats are removable and there wasn't any mention of it that I saw. It would be a good thing to have though because it would make it more versatile and utilitarian.
i think that would be impossible to do, doubt they'll let the public get that close to it just yet. they probably still have pre-production models out at shows

·
Registered
149 Posts
i think that would be impossible to do, doubt they'll let the public get that close to it just yet. they probably still have pre-production models out at shows
Yea it was a right hand drive model that they had on show. So it probably wasn't exactly what the actual model will be.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yea it was a right hand drive model that they had on show. So it probably wasn't exactly what the actual model will be.
Well, it could be the proper model just for a different market. Although that probably means there are some slight differences.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, it could be the proper model just for a different market. Although that probably means there are some slight differences.
considering it was taken to a major show i guess all the really noticeable differences would be on the interior, exterior is pretty basic

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Found a pic on the Japanese Mazda website, showing an interior pic of the CX-3 with rear seats folded down. Looks like they fold down much more than I originally realized. No need to entirely remove the rear seats like I did on my current vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Found a pic on the Japanese Mazda website, showing an interior pic of the CX-3 with rear seats folded down. Looks like they fold down much more than I originally realized. No need to entirely remove the rear seats like I did on my current vehicle.
I actually like how 'flat' it gets, although there is some slight rise, it's good enough for what ever someone would need to throw back their.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do we know if there is a flat cargo/hatch entry or is there a lip?
A straight flat unimpeded entrance would help loading bulky items for sure.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It might help to get one of those protectors that limo's use to protect that area from getting damaged when loading/unloading, even more so that the lip is their, don't want to damage that as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Worthless comment of the day.
So....why did you make it? ;)
Seriously, if someone is going THAT FAR...there is a really good chance they chose the wrong auto. This IS 2015...there are all kinds of similar autos with more space behind the drivers seat. Facts are facts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So....why did you make it? ;)
Seriously, if someone is going THAT FAR...there is a really good chance they chose the wrong auto. This IS 2015...there are all kinds of similar autos with more space behind the drivers seat. Facts are facts.

HA, nice one! :laugh:

Here's the thing, it wasn't really a big deal to remove a few a few bolts from my Toyota to remove the rear seats. Took less than ten minutes and made a big difference in cargo capacity. Nothing drastic whatsoever, quite simple actually.

When I composed that original post, the car wasn't even available in the states. I thought the CX-3 might be a near perfect vehicle for my needs (except for the cargo capacity). If there was a simple way to increase cargo capacity (as I did with the Rav) I wanted to hear about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts