Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Rear Seat Belt Issues

66K views 47 replies 36 participants last post by  mich 
Realised @Biscuitboys that this is the thread I was meaning to post on!

For all others, I posted this reply on anther thread in the hope that others with the same issue would read and be able to use my experience as leverage or just gain insight into how to go about fixing the same issue. Biscuitboys informed me they're having so much trouble over in WA, so it seems as if there is no united front for Mazda HO Australia wide.

Anyone in NSW see below my experience:

Our 2015 CX3 was purchased secondhand in 2016 and was out of warranty. With just the two of us we never really used the backseat belts until recently dropping a relative home, he came to find he couldn't use either of the back seat belts. One was locked in, the other extended out and would not retract. After googling and finding this thread by chance, we rang Mazda to book an inspection for the fault (cost to us of about $180)

Within an hr they had inspected and agreed it was a fault and they would replace both belt units at no cost to us.
The following week we had an appointment to do the repair and it was completed within the day.

FYI this is Ryde Mazda Service centre NSW.

We were both apprehensive as to how it was going to go, but it honestly could not have gone any smoother. I don't know for sure, but it did honestly seem like it was something they were aware of and we were just another CX3 that had the issue. We didn't have to argue or explain our case at all.

I really hope anyone in the same boat find they have the same great experience as us, and aren't made to pay for a problem that really does seem to be an issue with the make.