Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! This is my first thread as I just passed one year with my CX3 sport. In the year I have added OEM mudflaps, rain guards, tint and a special plasti dip accent. I also added in some super bright LED low and high beams. I am now at the point I want to convert the rest of the car over to LEDs as well. I have searched and searched for a basic guide on what has been done, but almost all have come up short.
As the holidays approach, I have ordered a 48inch LED string that changes color for turn signals, brake lights, reverse and hazards and I want to have all the rear lights match as LEDs. I ordered CanBus for backup lights a few months ago, but I saw that they are not recommended in non CanBus cars so I backed off of that idea.

Soooo, all I am looking for is to see what people have put in for bulbs (basic led with seperate resistor or bulb with resistors built in) and where the heck did you mount the resistor if done seperately. I am afraid all the wiring is running through the upper columns as the backup lights have to run up the hatch door.

I greatly appreciate any help as I have been hesitant to install and constantly researching which way to go, (in order to keep it looking clean and safe). '

Many thanks

Sorry I should have clarified, I am not looking for a specific bulb to buy but rather which route people went with the resistor. Separate or all in one unit. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
542 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts