Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

re: i-ELoop feature

13K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  greaseman85 
#1 ·
re: i-ELoop feature

Hello All

Bought top of the line unit with including the extra cost GT-i ACTIVESENSE package.
Still trying to figure out just what are all the toys that I got!
:)
The quick instruction book talks about a capacitor based gasoline saving gizmo, named i-ELOOP. The larger book makes no mention of it.

Do I have one of those? Does any USA based car have one?

I would appreciate your help.
Peter

#15 ·
From what I was told that the start stop system was not preferred by Mazda customers. At the same time from engineers I spoke to, they mentioned that with the mpg we get from these new engines that it wouldn't be a significant benefit to incorporate this system overall. I was also told and was also taught this in school that these start/stop systems are somewhat complicated and although engineered to be as hassle free as possible, start/stop causing significant wear on components. Honda Accord Hybrids seem to have issues with their start/stop so I'm guessing Mazda just didnt want to deal with that, just as Mazda has no plans on using hybrid tech from toyota as it is shown that real world mpg are no where near its rated mpg even when adjusted to real world conditions. Not worth the hassle basically.

#16 ·
Snoogie,

1. From what I was told that the start stop system was not preferred by Mazda customers.

Who told you that, Mazda!?
Mazda uses diferrent markets for different stuff, you dont have start/stop Europe/Asia does, etc, etc...

2. At the same time from engineers I spoke to, they mentioned that with the mpg we get from these new engines that it wouldn't be a significant benefit to incorporate this system overall.

Again, Mazda uses this tehnology in some markets.

3. I was also told and was also taught this in school that these start/stop systems are somewhat complicated and although engineered to be as hassle free as possible, start/stop causing significant wear on components.

Who told you that. Every car maker use this. Bmw, mercedes, Audi, toyota etc,etc...

4. so I'm guessing Mazda just didnt want to deal with that,...Not worth the hassle basically.

Again, mazda has this option and it works great.

#17 ·
I'm really starting to dislike how fragmented Mazda is. It seems like they're giving free reign to their regional offices to do whatever the hell they want. To be honest it seems like there are more differences than similarities between the same model in different regions. This is not cool, Mazda.

#18 ·
Every car company does this. They're reacting to local conditions.

On stop / start, it requires a stronger starter, which adds weight and cost. It might also require an upgraded battery. Ford charges $295 for it as an option. At that price the payback is a long, long time and many people wouldn't want it even if it was free.

#21 ·
Does anyone has the start/stop system with a auto FWD? Have mine now for 200 km and can't find a way to switch off engine totally when go from D to P, istop will stop but when leaving the car the car will not close / radio will not turn off.
Now i go from D to P, engine stop (istop) and press the start button (engine start) then press start button again to stop the engine and the car (radio / light).

#27 ·
When the engine has stopped (istop) and You move from D to P, then release the brake pedal and press the start button. The engine shouldn't restart and the lights/radio should turn off.
I just tested it when I got home. Stopped the car, the i-stop came in to action, I then moved from D to P, released the brake pedal and pushed the start buton and it worked perfectly.

#29 ·
you sure that north america CX-3s don't have Start/Stop? Because i thought mine did.. Ill stop at a light and you can hear the engine stop and when i take my foot off the gas i can feel it start back up... or if i'm at a light and it stops if i'm sitting at the light and i push the break in harder it will start back up.. I got mine in Kentucky.. either some have it or my mazda is messed up lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.