Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to change from the radio on the cx 3 active and to have the navigation system installed instead?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Maybe it is just me but I do not understand the above so cannot comment.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sorry I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking either. The radio and navigation are independent of each other so you don't need to remove one to install another, if that's what you're asking. The navigation is simply an SD card, all the wiring and hardware is pre-installed.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i think the OP is asking if (not sure if it even exists) for a CX 3 to not come with the display screen, but just a standard radio / CD player set up (think older cars).

Does anyone know if the base GX CX3 come with the screen display?

·
Registered
28 Posts
In Sweden there are three different models. Everyone has a digital display, but the basic model is not equipped with the navigation system, it can be purchased for 800 USD.
The car's manual contains descriptions of various radio systems (A, B, C, D) where type A appears to be an older analogue radio / CD player.

·
Registered
872 Posts
^^Exactly. Select markets get downgraded to no touchscreen so a quick Nav upgrade is impossible. You would need to source the large touchscreen (I imagine its expensive and cheaper to up level to the next trim) and all the associated parts.

I'd do without Nav or use my smartphone if that were the case for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts