Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

It's time for me to move on to a bigger car. I love my MINI to death but space-wise it's not practical anymore.

This is my first time buying a new car, so I'm not sure how everything works.

1. I'm settled on the GT trim in Meteor Gray, however I don't need the moon roof. My MINI had a panorama moon roof, which was cool but rarely used. I actually had a scare when it wouldn't open once.

If I do a factory order, is it possible to opt out the moon roof?

2. While looking at the Mazda USA accessories website, I came across this 18" dark alloy wheels (B45B-V3-810). I presume swapping them at factory is unlikely due to the increased cost per wheel.

3. Now the main question, will I lose negotiation power or will it be extremely hard to get a good deal on the car if I do a factory order?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Unlike a lot of Euro models, I've found that Japanese manufactures are rigid with the configurations of their vehicle. So if you want a GT and a moonroof is standard equipment, you're stuck with it. Same with the stock wheels that are on the trim, unless you opt (and pay) for accessory wheels.

As far as ordering and a discount, you'll almost always get a better deal on existing inventory. However, mine was a factory order and I paid a few hundred over invoice and got a great deal on my trade.

Given the lack of flexibility in factory ordered options and the abundance of inventory, do you even need to factory order at this point? I did because I wanted black/parchment and was an early adopter (limited inventory). Today its a different ballgame.

Welcome and good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I agree there's plenty of inventory now, you should be able to pick out one you like and customize it at the dealer. Also, if you haven't seen the car in person and haven't thoroughly looked at it, I suggest you do so because you may be disappointed if your primary concern is space and practicality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips guys.

I definitely need to check out the car in person. My wife and I are fairly small (5' 4" and 4' 11"), so space for us isn't too big of a concern. Main thing is about fitting those enormous infant seats.

I might have to settle for the CX-5, which I might be able to get a better deal on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The car will fit your size. For baby seat, don't just settle for any. Shop online for better fitting seats.
Just get Touring and save yourself plenty of cash. 18" ride very harsh. Your baby won't like it. I didn't see any value in GT other than HUD, so I didn't buy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts