Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking behind the scenes as I research a potential purchase. Thanks for the good reads.

That being said, I've never purchased a new car before, nonetheless an all together new model. With CX-3 being a new model, should I expect quirks and lower reliability? If so, what?

There isnt much info on the web about reliability. I tend to trust true Japanese builds as my Honda Element has been great.

I'm interested in the GT. i-Activsense, maybe, leaning no. The Atlanta market is hot to sell these things. Deals are excellent off the MSRP.

Thanks!

·
Registered
872 Posts
There really isn't a lot that is brand new on the CX-3. Its based on the Mazda2 which has been out for awhile now and the CX3 has been out in other markets up to a year. Many of the mechanical elements are carry over from other models in their line up.

In short, I would not let new model worries worry you. I've had 5 Mazdas and they've all been pretty reliable.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Welcome. Mine has done just over 4000 miles with zero defects but I must admit I had the same reservations. I've also got the brand new 1.5 diesel on top of the new model!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
5500 trouble free miles here. If design flaws existed or there was a higher susceptibility to new component infant mortality, then the problems would have begun to surface. If you read the threads in this forum you find people complaining about features... Such as arm rests, cup holders and infotainment usage verses serious mechanical failures.

·
Registered
75 Posts
4800 kms so far. Mechanically the car is sound. My only gripe is some rattling where the GPS is.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very happy with ours. The only issue was a need to upgrade the firmware on the MZD Connect system which was a painless activity at the dealer. Very impressive otherwise.

·
Registered
272 Posts
havent had any issues so far.

Owned 7 other mazdas before the CX3 (including the infamous rotary engined cars which are coined "reliability nightmares) and never once had a a break down on any

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the insight. Looking at the components, most have been used in other Mazda vehicles. The model has also been in production for 10 months now, a solid run to figure out the quirks, especially those with the software patches which seemed to have faded.

I stopped by the showroom today and gave the interior a good test. Needed a second feel on the roominess. I'm satisfied with that now.

Last step... Negotiation.

·
Registered
221 Posts
We bought ours and immediately embarked on a trip to Florida! In Texas at the moment, 1500 miles so far; averaging 32 MPG. Not bad for a AWD model. We traded in a 2012 Mazda5 which would have been 5 years old in a couple of months. Absolutely reliable ride, no problems at all. NOTE since the Ford-Mazda divorce in 2010 or so Mazda's are now built in Japan and their reliability has improved markedly. Sadly Ford has gone the other direction... Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
491 Posts
On the bright side, its not too torque crazy even with its awd which will reduce overall "wear" on the transmission/drive train as compared to more performance orientated cars. Thats how I tend to think about it anyways haha. Technology has always been a concern for me in terms of longevity, that is mainly why I opted for the "base" GT without the extra sensors and such. Maybe its just me being paranoid but it is a new car without much of a track record of all features of the i-activesense package in my opinion but that goes for every car really (especially when nissan first rolled out the cvt in its models and had a ton of problems years later). Still doesnt change the fact that I love and am happy with the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts