Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I've got a question regarding the Grand touring Standard Features. On the U.S. website Mazda lists Navigation as a standard feature. Is this true? After talking to some salesman who say NAV is an add on and having driven a grand touring with no NAV I am wondering if this is an error? Anyone know?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Nav is standard on all GTs but dealers will remove the SD card until the car sells, thus disabling the feature. Apparently people are prone to lift the pricey lil chips.

·
Registered
304 Posts
GT AWD here. Nav came with and yes dealer did not insert the SD Nav chip until the uni twas signed over.

I believe -- correct me if I'm mistaken -- that the Nav content is user-upgradable. One connects the USB chip/card to one's home computer, launches relevant web site, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nav is standard on all GTs but dealers will remove the SD card until the car sells, thus disabling the feature. Apparently people are prone to lift the pricey lil chips.
Hey that is valuable info Thanks! Makes me happy to know that it's standard...the sales people give varying impressions and info when it comes to accessories...I guess that could be cause the car is just so new.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GT AWD here. Nav came with and yes dealer did not insert the SD Nav chip until the uni twas signed over.

I believe -- correct me if I'm mistaken -- that the Nav content is user-upgradable. One connects the USB chip/card to one's home computer, launches relevant web site, etc.
Thanks for the response! Appreciate the info!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The NAV SD Card is upgradable at home through the Mazda Toolbox software on Windows. You get that free for the first 3 years. (Didn't notice if they had a MAC version)

About the card, it is "generic" for the first 1200km (around there) after which they are locked to your VIN. Probably why they don't want test-drivers stealing those to have NAV they didn't pay for in another CMU-enabled Mazda.

- B

·
Registered
11 Posts
The NAV SD Card is upgradable at home through the Mazda Toolbox software on Windows. You get that free for the first 3 years. (Didn't notice if they had a MAC version)

About the card, it is "generic" for the first 1200km (around there) after which they are locked to your VIN. Probably why they don't want test-drivers stealing those to have NAV they didn't pay for in another CMU-enabled Mazda.

- B
not 3 months?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just thinking...what's to stop one from copying the SD card prior to it "locking" to the VIN and sharing it with someone else? Besides bad Karma...

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello guys...I got the 2016 Touring and I payed $350.00 usd to get the gps feature, according to the website, my car's vin # is already attached to the sd card at the moment that I inserted it into the slot and the service is good for 3 years of updates at no charge; after that period...?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts