Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone purchased the Clear Paint Protection Film? I would like to get it with the roads in New York riddled with pot holes and rocks and pebbles.

It's listed at 95.00 on the USA website and was wondering what other people have been charged. My car hasn't come in yet and my salesman doesn't have an idea what it will cost. Says I have to talk to the Finance Manager.

Just want idea of cost and if it's worth it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Definitely worth the cost. I had it done on my 2014 Mazda3. It's made four 3000 mi roundtrips from CA to MT and there isn't a chip on the front where it was applied. I paid $650 for the front fascia, hood, headlights, mirrors and the door handle indentations.

·
Registered
240 Posts
well worth the cost to get the 3m wrap done. Keep the front end and mirrors from receiving those angry little chips! I heard there is a windshield warp too, Sadly I was too late to do mine. 3 weeks of owning it, I got one rock and it cracked the windshield 8 inches!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well worth the cost to get the 3m wrap done. Keep the front end and mirrors from receiving those angry little chips! I heard there is a windshield warp too, Sadly I was too late to do mine. 3 weeks of owning it, I got one rock and it cracked the windshield 8 inches!
ugh sorry to hear that! I feel for you! Good luck with the fix!

Unfortunately with the road conditions the way they are there is shrapnel all over the place. I live in New York and the roads are all cracked and pebble ridden so it's car chip waiting to happen!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely worth the cost. I had it done on my 2014 Mazda3. It's made four 3000 mi roundtrips from CA to MT and there isn't a chip on the front where it was applied. I paid $650 for the front fascia, hood, headlights, mirrors and the door handle indentations.
Wow 650? the Mazda website list the film protection at 100 bucks...at least for the Mazda CX-3. Why so much for the 3?

·
Registered
115 Posts

That really sux!! :eek::eek:

I forgot the name of the package we bought but with no deductible our CX3 will be covered from dings, scratches, curbed rims, potholes and a bunch of other crap. I don't normally purchase these types of add ons but living in Chicago and watching my Murano go through abuse for the past 12 years, made we want to add a little more protection. This is my wife's car and she plans on keeping it as long as possible so it was worth it to us

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah I was so mad when that happened! Luckily I was able to make it to a parking lot glass repair gypsy right away. Still there but won't get worse. I was offered a Windshield deal from Mazda that I should have taken them up on it, but was too tight on the money. I do have insurance for glass coverage, but will wait to get it replaced. Winter is coming which means more cracks and chips :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
5 in 1 package

I forgot the name of the package we bought but with no deductible our CX3 will be covered from dings, scratches, curbed rims, potholes and a bunch of other crap. Its the 5 in 1 package covers door dings, lost Keys and curbed rims for 5 years took my payments up 86 cents a month :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
San Francisco Bay Area is why...lol. Seriously though, I didn't check the dealers price. I went to a shop that was highly recommended and they did a great job. It's holding up very well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I forgot the name of the package we bought but with no deductible our CX3 will be covered from dings, scratches, curbed rims, potholes and a bunch of other crap. Its the 5 in 1 package covers door dings, lost Keys and curbed rims for 5 years took my payments up 86 cents a month :)
Yea, that's the same package we bought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone purchased the Clear Bra or Paint wrap for their CX3? My car is 3 days old and I want to get the wrap done before something gouges that deep blue hood.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was also quoted $500+ for the paint protection that was listed at $95 on the Mazda site. I assumed the installation is costly. I'd like to get it but it's going to have to wait.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Labor is not cheap, best way is to ask outside places. There are some other products like Lamin-X and others. I think they can be had for $300 installed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Labor is not cheap, best way is to ask outside places. There are some other products like Lamin-X and others. I think they can be had for $300 installed.
I would agree with this the best thing would be to search for a professional detailer in your local area and get them to quote a credible product for them to apply to your CX3. The worst thing you could do is get the protection from the Mazda dealer as they will screw you over on price and give your a sub standard application of a cheap product.

One thing I have noticed since having my CX3 is the paint jobs that Mazda do is acceptable short-term but not overly strong long-term and definitely needs some after market paint protection applied if you plan on keeping your car for more than a few years.

I am looking at getting the opti coat ceramic paint coating mainly to guard against bird dropping etchings and minor bingles in carparks by idiot drivers. Already had a few scares with my CX3 and the local environment so hopefully when I take it to the detailer they can fix it up a bit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Took mine to dealer for $399 Clear Paint Mask job. Wife came back with mask on hood (18"), door handle, mirror covers, tip of front fenders. Called the dealer and asked "WTF! You promised me Hood and Bumper!" They tried to play "Nothing was written that's specific on paper!"
I TRIED to get specific on paper but finance guy was "It won't fit on bill of sale".
So I left a Google Map review on McDonald Mazda Colorado about it.
Soon enough sales guy called back asking " I heard you left a review" I told him Yes.
So they went back and later Dealership manager offered me $174 for the bumper job, which was done well by McDonald Collision run by a different manager.
Anyway. On Amazon you can get 3M bumper only precut for CX-3 for $190 or so. More for with other pieces.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It is so much fun living on a gravel road in the country! :| NOT!

I now have a couple of chips on the hood of my soul red CX3. None of the Mazda dealers around here have the 3M Chipguard protective film applied. But I finally found KM Paint products in Kitchener-Waterloo that does the job of cutting and applying the stuff and they have already done several Mazda CX3s. The only problem is the cost is a lot more than I had to pay for my previous car (Subaru Forester). For half the hood, the area surrounding the grille, the back of the mirrors and the headlights I am looking at well over $1K!

Have any of you other Canuks found a cheaper route?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts