Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For whatever reason my ALC (Automatic Volume Adjustment) function is not working. I go into my audio settings and no matter what I do it won't retain the setting for the ALC when I go into a different screen. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Yes, me. I gave up with it after a while. Maybe there will be a software update of it at some stage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, anchorman. At least I know I'm not the only one and I'm not just stupid/crazy. LOL

On a side note, I must say your posts on here are always informative and helpful - especially in reference to the AWD system. Thanks for the great contributions!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Thanks, anchorman. At least I know I'm not the only one and I'm not just stupid/crazy. LOL

On a side note, I must say your posts on here are always informative and helpful - especially in reference to the AWD system. Thanks for the great contributions!
Well one of the gadget gurus might tell us where we are going wrong but thanks for the kind words

·
Registered
63 Posts
HI

I had the same issue with Auto Volume, with software version 51.00.350.

I made a couple of "complaints" to my dealer on a couple of issues i had with the whole radio system. Spontaneous reboots, Auto Volume not working, wifi connectivity issues.

The system was updated to version 56.00.230 a few weeks ago. This fixed the Auto Volume issue. Now it stays on the selected setting. i have not had any reboots either, however, the WIFI connection is still HOPELESS. It is extremely difficult to have the iphone6 (iOS 9.0.2) connected to the MZD system.
In my other Mazda ( a brand new Mazda2) the same phone connects without any issues a few moments after starting the car.

Anyway, for the auto volume - request an update from your dealer!

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
HI

I had the same issue with Auto Volume, with software version 51.00.350.

I made a couple of "complaints" to my dealer on a couple of issues i had with the whole radio system. Spontaneous reboots, Auto Volume not working, wifi connectivity issues.

The system was updated to version 56.00.230 a few weeks ago. This fixed the Auto Volume issue. Now it stays on the selected setting. i have not had any reboots either, however, the WIFI connection is still HOPELESS. It is extremely difficult to have the iphone6 (iOS 9.0.2) connected to the MZD system.
In my other Mazda ( a brand new Mazda2) the same phone connects without any issues a few moments after starting the car.

Anyway, for the auto volume - request an update from your dealer!
Interesting. The strange thing is, my iPhone 6 connects perfectly and even streams music perfectly.

Can't we do our own software updates?

·
Registered
63 Posts
connects on WIFI??

Interesting. The strange thing is, my iPhone 6 connects perfectly and even streams music perfectly.

Can't we do our own software updates?
So Ancherman - can you elaborate! Your iphone6 connects to MZD WIFI via creating a hotspot on your phone without any issues?

I need this to get live traffic updates on GPS, weather and gazprices, but as mentioned, wifi connection is difficult to get working.

Phone bluetooth connection and MZD works fine for me as well as music streaming.

Can you inform of your software versions on iPhone and MZD ?

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
So Ancherman - can you elaborate! Your iphone6 connects to MZD WIFI via creating a hotspot on your phone without any issues?

I need this to get live traffic updates on GPS, weather and gazprices, but as mentioned, wifi connection is difficult to get working.

Phone bluetooth connection and MZD works fine for me as well as music streaming.

Can you inform of your software versions on iPhone and MZD ?
Erm, no. I tell you, I can pull every nut and bolt off any car and make it all work again after but I'm hopeless at gadgetry. I misread your post and thought you were talking about Bluetooth. I had my phone connected via hotspot after much messing about one evening, thinking I would be able to get live weather updates along the way to work next morning. Not so. It didn't connect and when I had a quick look, it wanted all that string of random numbers and letters so I immediately lost patience. You would think that somebody would test these damn things before they put them into production wouldn't you?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Don't have our CX3 yet but they gave us a 2016 Mazda 6 GT as a loaner until our car arrives and I noticed that the ALC is a little buggy. I'll be driving and the volume will go up and down spontaneously without an additional road noise. It will be something I look out for. Thank goodness for these forums.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I don't know. We can update Gracenote and we can update the maps but I have no idea how much more there is and if we can do it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is possible to upgrade the software. At least on other Mazda forums there are several threads on SW upgrading. I would not do it myself though. ...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Better let the dealer - it´s free of charge - do the job for you. It will take between 30 min and 1 hour.

I have heard of some crashes while uploading.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Agreed but...

Better let the dealer - it´s free of charge - do the job for you. It will take between 30 min and 1 hour.

I have heard of some crashes while uploading.
I agree with you. However my dealer is rather far from home (rural-ish Canada) and did not have the latest version (that fixed an issue for me) last time I visited them. Always better to let them do it, but in my case it was a matter of convenience and lack of patience.

- B

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't see update notifications on the Mazda company page so you may have to either use the "keep me informed" option or ask you dealership to contact you every time some new update comes out.

Maybe someone else has a better method.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Same here, the ALC setting seems to "reset" back to zero whenever I change screens, but it actually stays on. So it appears its just a cosmetic issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my CX-3 on Oct 10 and it is running v51. There is a website you can go to in order to learn more about the updates. It is here:
Mazda Connect

This site is stating that the latest version if 55 and here is a rundown of what is fixed for version 55:

• Users with mixed entertainment favorites (FM/AM/XM) can now switch between their favorites
in the same order that they’re listed on the Mazda Connect display using the steering wheel
control buttons.
• Bluetooth audio metadata (artist / song / album name) now refreshes in the background
whenever the Mazda Connect display isn’t showing the Bluetooth audio screen.
• The speed and performance of HD radio text and images has been improved.
• The loading speed of HD traffic maps has been improved.
• In addition to using the volume controls to adjust the navigation guidance volume levels,
navigation guidance volume can now be adjusted at any time using the navigation guidance
settings option within the navigation settings menu- even while the vehicle is in motion.
• Increased performance and consistency in phonebook contacts download.
• Faster availability of voice recognition for calling phonebook contacts.
• The system will now inform you if it is too soon to use voice recognition when calling contacts.
• Increased navigation stability and bug fixes.
• Navigation voice recognition improvements (e.g. “airport”, “where am i?”).
• Enhanced Bluetooth audio sound quality. Audio no longer has audible stutter or skip when
changing tracks.
• Reverse back-up camera display speed, performance, and bug fix enhancements.
• Bug fix for erroneous “Does not recognize” USB and/or SD Card messages.
• USB device recognition performance improved and will recognize device is inserted more
accurately.
• Steering wheel volume control speed and performance enhancements.
• Pandora, Aha, Stitcher performance and bug fix enhancements.
• iPod/iPhone USB media cataloging speed and performance enhancements.

·
Registered
87 Posts
is there supposed to be audible beeps when backing up and you get close to anything? I have ZERO beeps at all (except the side warning sensors)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts