Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Hope everyone is having a nice day! Just a quick question. I have to constantly remind myself to turn the lights off when I leave the car because it does not have a warning sound if you leave the lights on and leave the car.

If I do happen to leave the car without turning the lights off, will they automatically turn off? I don't want the battery to die one day if I forget to turn off the headlights.

Thanks!:|

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yes it turns off automatically, hence why there's no warning sound to turn it off. I haven't timed it but I would say it stays on for 30 seconds most likely.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I think mine does but I'll have to check.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yup. At night, I keep them on. When I turn the engine off and get out of the car, they stay lit 30 or so seconds. When I get back to my car and push the door handle button (or key fob) the lights come back on. If the lights are on when I start the engine, they do a test swivel (GT model with adaptive LED lights) which is pretty cool. Also, if you turn them off, there is a "follow me home" function where you can pull back on the light stalk (like flashing your brights) and they will illuminate for the same amount of time. Neat features!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Without reading the manual you never know all the weird config options available to you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup. At night, I keep them on. When I turn the engine off and get out of the car, they stay lit 30 or so seconds. When I get back to my car and push the door handle button (or key fob) the lights come back on. If the lights are on when I start the engine, they do a test swivel (GT model with adaptive LED lights) which is pretty cool. Also, if you turn them off, there is a "follow me home" function where you can pull back on the light stalk (like flashing your brights) and they will illuminate for the same amount of time. Neat features!
Wow that is awesome. I don't think mine has any of that lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all. I've been browsing the forums all day today as I just got a CX3 this past weekend. The car does not have auto lights, and I'm used to my old one which did. I see here that you all said the lights shut off automatically after 30 seconds, and I did see some configuration options on the screen.

Does this mean I could just leave my headlights on all the time as opposed to auto lights? Or is that no recommended? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
893 Posts
You can get auto headlights if you got the iACTIVESENSE package. You can certainly leave the headlights on all the time, but it dims the dash way too much during the day. You can turn the brightness up, but then it leaves it was too bright at night and you'll want to turn the brightness back down.

So for me it came down to "do I want to leave the lights on all the time and adjust the dash brightness constantly, or keep the dash brightness set to automatically adjust with whenever I turn on/off the headlights". It is easier/more convenient to simply turn the headlights on when I need them and turn them off during the day while keeping the beautiful DRL on :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fist car (GT) we have owned in 12 years where there is no auto on for headlights. Really bugged my wife, but we just leave the headlights on and turn them off while driving in the daylight to see the dash and nav system. (Getting used to that non-feature in the Grand Touring without iACTIVESENSE package!)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Fist car (GT) we just leave the headlights on and turn them off while driving in the daylight to see the dash and nav system. )
You can place the dash and Nav light brightness into the "daytime" setting by turning the little dial on the gauge cluster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts