Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'd like to know what's the voltage for the DRL in Canada, I see that the drl use the low beam but dimmed. because I want to change for LED bulb for the Headlights and the seller needs to know if it will work in the car. Thank you!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi! I'd like to know what's the voltage for the DRL in Canada, I see that the drl use the low beam but dimmed. because I want to change for LED bulb for the Headlights and the seller needs to know if it will work in the car. Thank you!
Anchorman uploaded this pdf at some point and I hope it's ok I'm uploading it in here :)

It states that drl is part of the HIGH beam and not the LOW beam.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anchorman uploaded this pdf at some point and I hope it's ok I'm uploading it in here :)

It states that drl is part of the HIGH beam and not the LOW beam.
I check this morning again, the DRL on the CX-3 in Canada is on the low beam, I saw another 1 on the road and the DRL is also on the low beam. :confused::confused::confused:

I just dont want to go buy a multimeter to check just for that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I check this morning again, the DRL on the CX-3 in Canada is on the low beam, I saw another 1 on the road and the DRL is also on the low beam. :confused::confused::confused:

I just dont want to go buy a multimeter to check just for that.
That's just weird. :confused:
Why not have it in either low beam or high beam.
Mind You, the PDF could be wrong.
Or it's just another one of those strange regional differences.
And I can't even check it on my car as I have the LED headlights.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The drl is the highbeam. The pdf is incorrect.

For cars with led, the drl is your led strip not the low beam or highbeam

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It's not saying that the DRLs are part of the high beam, it's telling you which bulbs are used for high beam when the car is equipped with DRLs. Some markets don't have them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The drl is the highbeam. The pdf is incorrect.

For cars with led, the drl is your led strip not the low beam or highbeam
So the PDF is actually correct ;)
The PDF states that with DRL, the CX-3 uses a H15 bulb for highbeam. The H15 has two filaments, a 55W and a 15W (which is for DRL), so it's in the same bulb.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The DRL for Canadian non GT is also the highbeam bulb. Some of the older Mazdas will apply lower voltage to dim the highbeam bulb so it can be used as the DRL. Today i learned that the CX-3 has dual filaments for highbeam and DRL.

The only car I know that uses the lowbeam projector housing as a DRL is the Toyota corolla with those LED projectors.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
i am in New Brunswick, Canada. I can 100% assure you, my daytime running lights in a GX version (Halogens), is on the Low Beam(H11)(the projector bulb light). My inside high beam(9005), does not come on at all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
For the cx-3, if you put your vehicle in park, the DRL will turn off so you will never be able to see the DRL. Even if you leave your car in drive and pull the e-brake the DRL will not turn on. The vehicle must be moving in order for the DRLs to light up.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
i am in New Brunswick, Canada. I can 100% assure you, my daytime running lights in a GX version (Halogens), is on the Low Beam(H11)(the projector bulb light). My inside high beam(9005), does not come on at all.
You mean the headlight bulbs have a resistor to dim the dipped headlight?

As far as I know, none of the bulbs are dimmed down - as I indicated above, the main beam is not wired through a resistor, it has a separate filament. Maybe there are some local mods (import centre) but according to this, there are none from the factory;

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same here, low beam is used for DRL.
When in drive w/ DRL's on, you can turn on the lights and just see a difference in power delivery to the bulb - not a change in bulbs. I'll see if I can get a small gif for you guys tonight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts