Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I currently own a 2012 Mazda2. Had an accident worth approx. the value of the car, although it doesn't look that bad. Ins. would reimburse about 1/2 of that. Great car, but getting old. But, I try to keep my cars about 10 yrs. So, I am/had been seriously considering buying a 2019 CX-3 AWD(don't want anything any bigger) but there appears to be a lot of issues with it. One of them being the AWD feature, that runs
through the gas tank. As one mechanic from another posting in the forum stated "The tank shows 2 lines of gas which is right but can get trapped on the other side where there is no outlet for the gas to reach the pump."
This is a big concern to me--does anyone know if this has been addressed going forward? Is this how all AWD vehicles are built? I'm not sure what yr vehicle that was. Also there appears to be other issues--the tech safety items appear to be unreliable, and the infotainment center appears to not be ergonomically useful. Also have read the paint (ceramic metallic--is that the only one with this issue?) I have read, is rather fragile. Again, it is probably not such an issue if one only keeps their car for a couple yrs., but I plan on keeping it for quite a long time. Input GREATLY appreciated!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wouldn't consider the fuel tank design to be an issue. The AWD doesn't actually run through the tank, but rather under it and the tank straddles the drive system. The fuel sending unit for the gauge and the fuel pump are located on either side of the slightly raised area down the centre. Since you should never run your tank much lower than 1/4 (to avoid condensation/water in the tank), it would never be an issue. Even then the range is in the area of 350 km (220 miles), which for me is more than enough to find a gas station and refill the tank. On a recent road trip of 1500 km, I found the highway mileage to be very good and I was ready to get out for a break by the time I needed to stop for fuel.

My CX-3 is a 2016 GT AWD, which I bought last March. It has been very reliable so far and the only issue has been the AC condenser under the dash needed to be replaced. This repair was done under warranty shortly after I took delivery. Other than that there have been no major issues. The AWD system works flawlessly and makes this car an absolute blast to drive in the snow. I have owned three other Mazdas, which I have kept for 8 to 10 years each. My last one was a 2009 Tribute that I traded for the CX-3. I intend to keep this one for another 5 years.

The paint does seem to chip easily, just make sure to get a touch-up pen from your salesman when you pick up the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't consider the fuel tank design to be an issue. The AWD doesn't actually run through the tank, but rather under it and the tank straddles the drive system. The fuel sending unit for the gauge and the fuel pump are located on either side of the slightly raised area down the centre. Since you should never run your tank much lower than 1/4 (to avoid condensation/water in the tank), it would never be an issue. Even then the range is in the area of 350 km (220 miles), which for me is more than enough to find a gas station and refill the tank. On a recent road trip of 1500 km, I found the highway mileage to be very good and I was ready to get out for a break by the time I needed to stop for fuel.

My CX-3 is a 2016 GT AWD, which I bought last March. It has been very reliable so far and the only issue has been the AC condenser under the dash needed to be replaced. This repair was done under warranty shortly after I took delivery. Other than that there have been no major issues. The AWD system works flawlessly and makes this car an absolute blast to drive in the snow. I have owned three other Mazdas, which I have kept for 8 to 10 years each. My last one was a 2009 Tribute that I traded for the CX-3. I intend to keep this one for another 5 years.

The paint does seem to chip easily, just make sure to get a touch-up pen from your salesman when you pick up the car.
Malks, Thank you very much for the input on your experience and opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts