Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

My car got broken into a couple weeks ago, nothing got stolen but they broke my driver's side quarter window. The Mazda shop was going to charge me $400($200/hr) for labor because it is technically the part of the body(I understand the logic but still can't justify labor cost). Anyway, has anyone had experience replacing the quarter window by themselves? Seems not that hard unless I need to use spec'ed adhesive. Please advise!

Thanks,
Ji

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
What do you mean by the quarter window - that little one at the back? Usually the windshield companies take care of side glass anyway but that rear one is bonded in before you get any big ideas.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Does insurance not cover this type of damage?
In the U.S., I believe window breakage is covered by your Comprehensive policy, not Collision, nor Liability.

Anchorman, "bonded" includes simply glued?

Off-Topic: Anchorman, in addition to "Mind The Gap" you've added "Mind The IED"? ;--(

·
Registered
62 Posts
In the U.S., I believe window breakage is covered by your Comprehensive policy, not Collision, nor Liability.
Yes, same here. This is why I wouldn't mess around with something like this. I'd leave it to a professional and pay for the expertise.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yes, same here. This is why I wouldn't mess around with something like this. I'd leave it to a professional and pay for the expertise.
Terrible that your car was broken into ... feels like an invasion of your privacy, if not your person :--(

As for the labor costs, the insurance companies usually get a discount ... just make sure it's a reputable shop that does the repairs.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
I did what?
Mid-September an Improvised Explosive Device was detonated ... but I guess that was on the London Underground ... not your territory.
It was that or tease you about Japanese Shinkansen on British Rail ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts