Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, everyone. I've owned several Mazda cars over the years... a 1980s PU, a 1979 RX7, a 2012 Mazda 3 SGT and currently a 2001 Miata SE 6 speed British Racing Green with wood Nardi interior and a 2005 Miata LS automatic Black Cherry that is now my wife's favorite drive. Both the Miats are low mileage 30k+ in beautiful condition.
I'm very impressed with the CX3 and it may be my next car, however, I'm going to have a hard time prying my wife away from her '05 Miata, and I don't want to give up my 6 speed '01 Miata, which is much more fun to drive then her automatic. When I bought the '01 I told her she could keep her very practical '09 Honda Fit or the fun '05 Miata, and of course, she went with the Miata, so now we have two of them. :) I also would probably wait a year, see how the feedback looks, and buy a low mileage used one to avoid the new car loss.

PS: When I bought the Honda Fit as a Christmas present for her in 2013, I had looked at the Mazda 2 and was very impressed with it, except it had no room. If the CX3 had been available back then I might have bought it, although I rarely buy new cars, I let others loose the initial huge drop in price.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sounds like you have thought it through. Would be nice if you didn't have to get rid of either of Miatas since those are awesome little cars. I'm not really worried about the CX-3 having issues as a first year model. It just doesn't strike me as a car that has a lot of issues from the few reviews that I have read so far.

Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
if your wife doesn't know how to drive manual, teach her how to drive yours, and once she really learns how to have fun with it... she might not care all that much for her miata ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if your wife doesn't know how to drive manual, teach her how to drive yours, and once she really learns how to have fun with it... she might not care all that much for her miata ;)
Yeah.. unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. She used to own a 280ZX 5 speed manual back in Fort Worth, TX. (flat land), so she can probably learn to shift again, but she just has no interest in doing it and she is afraid of trying to shift on the many hills we have here. Oh well...

Sahara_Miata_2b.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
A manual on hills can be pretty annoying.

At this point you may as well wait and get a full lineup of Mazdas. Really show you're a fan. :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah.. unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. She used to own a 280ZX 5 speed manual back in Fort Worth, TX. (flat land), so she can probably learn to shift again, but she just has no interest in doing it and she is afraid of trying to shift on the many hills we have here. Oh well...

View attachment 10
ah i see what she's looking for now
just wants something fun and laid back, expected for someone that has already had their fun. any pictures of those 280's? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts