Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All: Seems like a lot different people from around the world on these boards. Nice too see that. I purchased a CX-3 Touring w/ the Premium Package in Soul Red today. I take delivery tomorrow.

I sold my 2009 Jetta VW TDI (keep the diesel jokes coming!) I couldn't wait around until VW get's all the nonsense figured out. I'm 50 & I purchased 5 brand new Jetta in a row over the years. I must admit it was a solid auto & I'll miss the amazing torque. VW will never get my business again.

It was between the Honda HR-V or the CX-3. Some things I liked about the Honda more. Cargo space, much better storage (i.e. cup holders) & manual transmission. This is my 1st purchase without it. Never owned an auto in my life. Bottom line...The CX-3 simply drives & handles better. I couldn't get into the HR-V's CVT no matter how much I tried. Yes...The Mazda is smallish, but it works for me. It's usually just me driving & my wife & I own a VW EOS & Tiguan (those are really her cars)

I think I'll be happy with it overall. I live in snowy New England & the AWD will be nice to have. I'll post some pics once we have a sunny day.

BTW...One thing that bothers me a little is that (as of now) there is no option for fog lights for the Touring model. The dealer said it should come available within the next 6 months. Fingers crossed.

· Registered
871 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. Thanks for taking time to post your introduction. We hope to see some pics once you've taken delivery!

· Registered
271 Posts
Good choice over the HR-V. You will be pleased with your purchase. Don't stress too much about the fog lights; I have them and will say they are purely for looks - I don't see much (if any) improved visibility with them on.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good choice over the HR-V. You will be pleased with your purchase. Don't stress too much about the fog lights; I have them and will say they are purely for looks - I don't see much (if any) improved visibility with them on.

Thanks Vandal. I took a short note (36 months) I hate car payments! There's no question that the HR-V is more practical, but not so fun to drive. Appreciate the insight on the Fog Lights. I'm leaving in 20 minutes to pick her up. I'll put 100+ miles today.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow...Terrible news to report. I went to pick-up my CX-3 Three+ hours ago & discovered there was a 5"+ scratch on the left bumper. It wasn't there yesterday as I looked @ the car over & over again. They touched it up with paint. I found it right away & they played dumb. Like "Really...What happened?" I said "You tell me...It wasn't there yesterday" Reply...Let us find out. 15 minutes later (I'm fuming @ this point) they said, "Well our guy went to registry it & scraped it a little" Then went on to say "He didn't want to get in trouble, so he touched it up" Please complete BS! They knew what happened. I cancelled the deal right away. They wailed up in arms saying will fix it etc...I said sorry no. Please give me my $5,000 back & my title. Not to mention my $7500.00 in trade.

Now I have to cancel the insurance binder, stop payment on the check ($30.00 on me) & not to mention my time involved. Plus the mess with my state registry. I'm 50 years old & I don't make minimum wage folks. Time is money & they took enough of it! I'm in outside sales & I do pretty well. I'm so pissed right now! I think I'm going to take a break & calm down. Maybe I'll start a new search next week (maybe) BTW....Finding a CX-3 in Soul Red w/ the Premium Package isn't easy to find in New England. I won't take another color. I've always owned a Red car since I was 18 years old.

Well, that's my story. Life throws us curve-balls sometimes. Today clearly wasn't my day.

· Registered
171 Posts
Wow...Terrible news to report. I went to pick-up my CX-3 Three+ hours ago & discovered there was a 5"+ scratch on the left bumper. It wasn't there yesterday as I looked @ the car over & over again. They touched it up with paint. I found it right away & they played dumb. Like "Really...What happened?" I said "You tell me...It wasn't there yesterday" Reply...Let us find out. 15 minutes later (I'm fuming @ this point) they said, "Well our guy went to registry it & scraped it a little" Then went on to say "He didn't want to get in trouble, so he touched it up" Please complete BS! They knew what happened. I cancelled the deal right away. They wailed up in arms saying will fix it etc...I said sorry no. Please give me my $5,000 back & my title. Not to mention my $7500.00 in trade.

Now I have to cancel the insurance binder, stop payment on the check ($30.00 on me) & not to mention my time involved. Plus the mess with my state registry. I'm 50 years old & I don't make minimum wage folks. Time is money & they took enough of it! I'm in outside sales & I do pretty well. I'm so pissed right now! I think I'm going to take a break & calm down. Maybe I'll start a new search next week (maybe) BTW....Finding a CX-3 in Soul Red w/ the Premium Package isn't easy to find in New England. I won't take another color. I've always owned a Red car since I was 18 years old.

Well, that's my story. Life throws us curve-balls sometimes. Today clearly wasn't my day.
You stuck to your guns and nobody should drive a brand new car that has scratches that have been touched up.
You will find another one.

· Registered
871 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that. Its so disrespectful to not only lie but waste another persons time like they did. I hope you find the model you want at another dealer.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not have them replace bumper there are others you can find,I think you were a little rash
Really? I'm a little "rash" Ok...I gave them 5K (cash) of my hard earned money, plus the $7500 in trade (also hard earned) They never offered. They just cried & said "will fix it" Sorry. When buying a car @ 25K, I want it to be perfect.

Maybe you're a young person. When buying a new car, you want to get that feeling that everything is damn-near 100% (if only for a day or two) Anything that happens outside the dealer lot is on you!

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
There should be an option to collect the car at a hut in the port where they come ashore. Being tied to the dealer network is a nightmare. They could authorise good independent garages to do service and warranty. These dealers seem to think we owe them the world but while ever they treat customers cars as a "unit" there will be a problem. They see it as an item or a product but for most, it's the second biggest purchase to a home.

· Registered
240 Posts
I think you did the right thing @MAZDA-MASS

If they were honest with you up front instead of trying to hide it, I think you would have worked with them to get it resolved. The lie would have put me over the edge too.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think you did the right thing @MAZDA-MASS

If they were honest with you up front instead of trying to hide it, I think you would have worked with them to get it resolved. The lie would have put me over the edge too.
Rampant: Exactly! Those were my thoughts as I left the dealership yesterday. If they came clean "up-front" I would have worked with them. Damn shame. Buying a car is such an arduous process. I hate it! I'll start looking again tomorrow.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi. All of you been great! I went into my local Honda dealer & they just got in a HR-V in White w/ a manual transmission. It was off the truck today. I watched it as it was coming-in. Gave me a whopping $350.00 off the sticker. The deal is done. I never owned a auto w/o a manual trans, in my life. I know I'm missing out on a lot of features. But. I'm ok with it. I understand these boards HATE the Honda HR-V. It's a very practical car vs. the CX-3. Would have been a CX-3 owner if the dealer didn't screw with me. Thanks all for your insight!

· Registered
893 Posts
Hi. All of you been great! I went into my local Honda dealer & they just got in a HR-V in White w/ a manual transmission. It was off the truck today. I watched it as it was coming-in. Gave me a whopping $350.00 off the sticker. The deal is done. I never owned a auto w/o a manual trans, in my life. I know I'm missing out on a lot of features. But. I'm ok with it. I understand these boards HATE the Honda HR-V. It's a very practical car vs. the CX-3. Would have been a CX-3 owner if the dealer didn't screw with me. Thanks all for your insight!
Enjoy your HR-V. If I got as upset as you, I would wait to calm down before purchasing another car, especially one that you didn't quite like as much as the other one you almost bought. I hope you don't end up regretting your decision.

Not that it affects me in any way if someone buys a CX-3 or a competitor's car, I just find it strange you'd get so angry at an entire car manufacturer based on the actions of one idiotic dealer. Are there no other Mazda dealers where you live?

· Premium Member
2,079 Posts
......and don't think you are excluded from posting here. We can virtual kick Honda tires just as we as Mazda ones.

However, in true Ancs' tradition we will need photos, lots of photos as we are not so red hot on the little Honda bus.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Enjoy your HR-V. If I got as upset as you, I would wait to calm down before purchasing another car, especially one that you didn't quite like as much as the other one you almost bought. I hope you don't end up regretting your decision.

Not that it affects me in any way if someone buys a CX-3 or a competitor's car, I just find it strange you'd get so angry at an entire car manufacturer based on the actions of one idiotic dealer. Are there no other Mazda dealers where you live?
Grease: I'm not unhappy with Mazda @ all. I've been going back & forth (in my mind) with both models (HR-V & CX-3) for many months now. Finding a manual in the HR-V is very difficult to find up here in New England. Never owned an Auto trans in my life.

I understood that the CX-3 was better to drive then the HR-V, but it wasn't as practical. I'm fine with my decision. Yes...It doesn't have as many features as the tricked-out CX-3 (no question) but I'm not a hardcore "car" person like many of you are. I always keep my rigs stock & never tweak anything aside from a few upgrades from the dealership. I'm taking delivery tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.