Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my 2016 Touring tomorrow, and plan on changing the ugly 16" wheels ASAP. I was wondering if anyone has had their dealer swap to the 18" beauties that come on the GT. This is not a car being ordered, rather one already on the lot.

If so, what can I expect to see as far as price? Will they have a negotiable MSRP price? What about labor etc out the door?

Aftermarket wheels look alright, but I love the mazda factory 18"s so much more!

Thanks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
MSRP/list price on all of the factory wheel options in all sizes and colors except for the 16" steelies are $300 each just for the wheel, is my understanding, so tires, mounting, and balancing would be extra and the OEM tires are not cheap. To add injury to insult, some people are finding their options for tires that fit the factory 18" wheels are very limited.

That pricing for the factory wheels is ridiculous, and if you ask me, there's better looking and cheaper aftermarket options available in size/width combinations with more readily-available tires to match.

Also, consider the road conditions where you live. In my experience with 3 Mazdas before this one, the bigger factory alloys from Mazda bend pretty easily, leading to slow leaks and/or balancing problems. I like the look of the bigger wheels, but I got tired of the bent rims on my Mazdas with the crappy road conditions here in Milwaukee and considered the 16" wheels on the Touring trim as a good thing to have around here. If you have good roads around you, then no worries. Go for the bigger wheels without fear.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Whilst I have the GT with the 18" wheels, I personally would not go out of my way to buy tthese as an upgrade. There are a lot of affordable, decent quality aftermarket wheels that probably cost the same with a rim & tire package.

·
Registered
871 Posts
To add injury to insult, some people are finding their options for tires that fit the factory 18" wheels are very limited.
If you change to 225/50/18 (which I plan to do) the size difference between that and stock is minimal. It also opens up a whole world of much better options at lower prices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You'll get ridiculous pricing with any dealer. I got my CX-3, went to a wheels dealer the next day then upgraded to 18 inch rims and Aeolus 235/45/R18 tires for half the amount. You get so many more choices than Mazda's rim and tire package. Sold my 16" tires as well in Kijiji in less than a week :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.