Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been looking at crossover utility vehicles for most of the past year. The CX-3 looks sharp and I'd like to find out more about it here.

CX-ME

·
Registered
106 Posts
It is probably the smallest crossover on the market right now. If you're looking for a spacious car, it might not be something for you.
It's hard to tell more than that since the vehicule is new. It's a cool looking vehicule, fun to drive, interior is awesome but can't tell much more for now (have it for only 3 weeks).

I would suggest you to go to a dealer and see by yourself.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is probably the smallest crossover on the market right now. If you're looking for a spacious car, it might not be something for you.
It's hard to tell more than that since the vehicule is new. It's a cool looking vehicule, fun to drive, interior is awesome but can't tell much more for now (have it for only 3 weeks).

I would suggest you to go to a dealer and see by yourself.
Thanks. They'll be here in August I'm told.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check Mazdausa’s web site and wait for the CX-3’s specifications and build & price info. Some automotive web sites are showing CX-3 pricing info. for the three trim levels and options. They could be wrong though. It’s not official until it’s on Mazda’s web site. As of right now, we still don’t know what exterior and interior colors will be available for the U.S. CX-3.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check Mazdausa’s web site and wait for the CX-3’s specifications and build & price info. Some automotive web sites are showing CX-3 pricing info. for the three trim levels and options. They could be wrong though. It’s not official until it’s on Mazda’s web site. As of right now, we still don’t know what exterior and interior colors will be available for the U.S. CX-3.
Spectacularly obvious, but thanks Lynx. The way things are progressing with Mazda we won't see the site updated for another 2 months, let alone the CX-3 itself.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've found that many people are choosing between the CX3 and the HRV. The CX3 has a bit more style to it, and is a little more fun to drive, but it pales when compared to the practicality of the HRV. It just matters what your priorities are.

Welcome to the forum :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've found that many people are choosing between the CX3 and the HRV. The CX3 has a bit more style to it, and is a little more fun to drive, but it pales when compared to the practicality of the HRV. It just matters what your priorities are.

CX-3 for me is the clear winner, i don't have cargo needs that exceed what the CX-3 can hold. For the average person I think this will be the case... that is if they don't hoard things, only traveling with what they actually need.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks Oldboy.

Yes, better space options on the HR-V. And I like that electric parking brake and the lane watch camera.

Fun to drive is just so subjective.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CX-3 for me is the clear winner, i don't have cargo needs that exceed what the CX-3 can hold. For the average person I think this will be the case... that is if they don't hoard things, only traveling with what they actually need.
Luckily I don't have to carry people in the back seats too often so I could keep that seat down. Still Mazda could have chopped off some of that long nose and instead extended the back seat and cargo section with no loss.

Sweet looking ride though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Luckily I don't have to carry people in the back seats too often so I could keep that seat down. Still Mazda could have chopped off some of that long nose and instead extended the back seat and cargo section with no loss.

Sweet looking ride though.
They probably couldn't have chopped any off the nose since they had a hard enough time squeezing the 2.0L into that engine compartment

·
Registered
240 Posts
(Since I obviously bought the car I am biased) But I am glad they didn't cut any off the of the front off the CX-3, I really like that. If I wanted stubby I would have bought a soul, Trax or a buick encore. I am glad they also left room in the engine bay to change the headlights with ease. Coming from a ford focus where I had to take the headlights off the the damn vehicle to change them, this is a great thing. I don't see much cramming of the engine compartment. However this is just my opinion :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They probably couldn't have chopped any off the nose since they had a hard enough time squeezing the 2.0L into that engine compartment
No I think it's part of their "Kodo Design Language" or whatever they call their current styling.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
(Since I obviously bought the car I am biased) But I am glad they didn't cut any off the of the front off the CX-3, I really like that. If I wanted stubby I would have bought a soul, Trax or a buick encore. I am glad they also left room in the engine bay to change the headlights with ease. Coming from a ford focus where I had to take the headlights off the the damn vehicle to change them, this is a great thing. I don't see much cramming of the engine compartment. However this is just my opinion :)

The backs of all these vehicles are stubby. With the cd-3 being lower than most of its competitors having a good view of the road counts. my opinion. ;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
What I find helps is constantly being aware of who's driving around you, at least then expectation are clear even as you check again before making an attempt to signal and turn. Main thing is just to test drive.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agreed on the test drive. And hopefully a vehicle with the blind spot detection.... as a supplement to alert driving in a car with large rear pillars of course.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Blind spot detection is part of the tech package. In my opinion, this is the only thing that worth the tech package imo but 2000 bucks only for this (all other things are garbage to me), I didn't think it was worth it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Blind spot detection is part of the tech package. In my opinion, this is the only thing that worth the tech package imo but 2000 bucks only for this (all other things are garbage to me), I didn't think it was worth it.
Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are both standard on the Touring and Grand Touring U.S. CX-3s.

As for the i-Activesense Package on the U.S. GT:

1. Smart City Brake support is definitely helpful for city and suburban driving.
Ditto for Smart Brake Support and Distance Recognition Support on Highways.

2. Mazda Radar Cruise Control -- of possible worth. I almost never use cruise control though.

3. Adaptive headlights, high beam control -- I have no real need for those.

4. Lane Departure Warning -- I don't do DWI so again no need.

5. Auto On/OFF headlights -- nope. I can sense darkness and fog.

6. Rain-Sensing Wipers -- nope. I can also sense rain.

·
Registered
106 Posts
May be something different from Can and US then.
I got 3,4,5 and 6 came without any package.
Blind spot detector + 1 and 2 was part of tech package here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts