Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just replaced all 6 units of stock tweeter/mid bass driver on my 2017 CX-3, due to poor sound from the lousy stock speakers. Since the car is new, I decided not to cut any single wire inside the car. I bought all relevant plug & play connector and the speaker spacer/adaptor (3 mounting points, compatible with CX-5 rear speaker) from China and at this moment no intention to add soundproofing.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
front mid bass driver installed on existing plastic case by adding the spacer, Need to add some foam in between 2 plastic to prevent potential sound leaking.
The stock speakers are small in magnet, so don't expect a good sound from it

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
installed rear coaxial speaker, drill hole on spacer for cable to go in
Remove the stock tweeter from dashboard, this tweeter widely used in many Mazda car. The tweeter is slightly bigger than the replacement tweeter

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DIY a stainless steel adaptor ring for the replacement tweeter, fix with 3M double tape and sit nicely on the dashboard.

The main reason I go for this component speaker set is this model is using planar ribbon on the tweeter.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I've pinned a link to this in the how to's

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much did all this run you?
6.5" Speaker bracket/spacer x 2 pairs roughly USD $6
Speaker plug n play socket x 4 roughly USD $4
Tweeter plug n play socket x 2 roughly USD $3
Edifier component speaker roughly USD $169
Edifier Coaxial speaker roughly USD $119
machined Stainless Steel adaptor ring x 2 roughly USD $14

Total about USD $315

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have a code or serial number for the Tweeter plug n play socket? I'm having a hard time finding it.
I only found it on Taobao.com. If you able to buy from taobao, it is very cheap.
However. there is another way to have 'plug n play' as well. Get a 2 pin connector/plug, take the pin out and solder the tweeter wire directly to it, just slot into the female socket of the tweeter cable.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else do an audio upgrade?

I am also looking for an audio upgrade. Especially looking for component speakers that have a tweeter that works in factory location without much modification. It seems most tweeters will be too small for the hole. Or if any adapters of plates available to make smaller tweeters work.

·
Registered
745 Posts
TaoBao ... soon Jack Ma and Jeff Bezos will own the world!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am also looking for an audio upgrade. Especially looking for component speakers that have a tweeter that works in factory location without much modification. It seems most tweeters will be too small for the hole. Or if any adapters of plates available to make smaller tweeters work.
You can get original speaker/tweeter grille from mazda parts, please search part number D09W-66-962A-02, you need to drill some tiny hole on it and glued the tweeter using hot glue.
If your tweeter already come with housing, then you are refer to how japanese did it.

If really want to save cost, remove the tweeter from the stock tweeter with cover....

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Bose speaker system and find it to be a let down. Compared to my stock speakers on 2008 BMW, they sound so much better, crystal clear and very good sound separation, but the Bose on the Mazda sucks. I want to know are the door speakers on the CX3 easy to replace? As in do the entire door panel need to come off, no would be easy?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have the Bose speaker system and find it to be a let down. Compared to my stock speakers on 2008 BMW, they sound so much better, crystal clear and very good sound separation, but the Bose on the Mazda sucks. I want to know are the door speakers on the CX3 easy to replace? As in do the entire door panel need to come off, no would be easy?
Well, the outer door panel has to come off, but it is pretty easy... You would need to verify the Bose system's compatibility with after market speakers. Bose does some weird stuff with their amps and signals.

With outer panel and inner door card off:

With speaker installed on inner card:

Outer door panel:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Isn't this the greatest forum! Ask and you shall receive ... as best we're able :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts