Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone. I have a quick question concerning this plastic guard in front of the front tires. Would there be any harm in removing them. They rub against speed bumps when clearance is minimal. Also they are too low for me to use my ramps when I want to change my oil or any other front end maintenance. Disregard the date. The Pic was taken today. Thanks for any input.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not really. Those are there to reduce air resistance and maybe wind noise. They direct airflow away from the tire tread.

·
Registered
118 Posts
LOL, you want to remove yours, and I'm having one put back on tomorrow (it was missed off after an accident repair). The UK parts list describes them as 'Splash Shield' and in the US they are described as 'Deflector Shield'.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your input. Was muddling over your ideas and wondered whether removing them might affect the AWD in raining or snowing conditions.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Try it and see if it gets noisy. They are there to bend the flow of air under the car. See attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much anchorman for the pdf. I was wondering where are you getting these from. I have noticed that you post many to help fellow forum users. I would love to have access to all the technical pdf's for my CX-3. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Thank you very much anchorman for the pdf. I was wondering where are you getting these from. I have noticed that you post many to help fellow forum users. I would love to have access to all the technical pdf's for my CX-3. Thanks in advance.
You have to subscribe to the Mazda online portal for the motor trade and you have to prove your connection (I was a brake development engineer for 17 years, hence the forum name). If there is something you particularly want to read about, just ask. Many are already pinned in the tech section.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you so much anchorman. What would we do without people like you. I was a Volvo mechanic some 30 years ago and I do my own maintenance for basic tasks. I would love to have the specs and procedures for maintaining and changing my brakes. Just love our CX-3. My wife and I go out for a car ride every day to discover new areas around us. So much fun to drive this SUV.

EDIT: I found the downloads in another post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts