Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. So I've been wanting to do this to my side mirrors earlier. Already got a knick on the right side due to someone swinging their door. Anyways it has a Matt finish to the coating. Doesn't bother me. Maininly using for protection. There was also a gloss color too... but I didn't get it.

Attachments

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Registered
745 Posts
Tell us how it works out. How about on the wheels?

P.S. The drawings on your masking paper look interesting ... bookshelves, shoji in a Japanese house?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't want to spray the wheels. And the drawings are deck drawings from last summer :p

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Registered
451 Posts
I discovered that the side mirrors can be protected with plastic film that has been pre-cut for the purpose. It is relatively cheap to do this at any shop that does this kind of work. I also had the front of the hood (bonnet) and the headlights protected with the same stuff. It is nearly invisible and is expected to last for the life of the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I discovered that the side mirrors can be protected with plastic film that has been pre-cut for the purpose. It is relatively cheap to do this at any shop that does this kind of work. I also had the front of the hood (bonnet) and the headlights protected with the same stuff. It is nearly invisible and is expected to last for the life of the car.
It's called Paint Protection Film (PPF) otherwise known as "clear bra". I had this done within the first few days of ownership. Not sure what your definition of cheap is. Front fascia, bumper, half the hood and mirrors ran me over $ 600.00.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's called Paint Protection Film (PPF) otherwise known as "clear bra". I had this done within the first few days of ownership. Not sure what your definition of cheap is. Front fascia, bumper, half the hood and mirrors ran me over $ 600.00.
We got a quote on the above as well. Estimate was 600-700 USD. My wife said FORGET that. That is a lot of dosh for some Handi-Wrap. ;) We are looking at ceramic coatings like I have on my truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts