Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some time to kill, blacked out some of the front to decide if/what/where I want to black it out (hate....HATE, chrome!)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
That might look nice on the A pillars to make the roof float?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That might look nice on the A pillars to make the roof float?
for sure...done that on my last 3 cars....WILL happen, for now I want to get rid of that 1990s chrome look.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think that you should keep that front upper lip white personally. The black looks out of place. It doesn't flow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that you should keep that front upper lip white personally. The black looks out of place. It doesn't flow.
My initial impression is mixed, I think ill plastidip the whole things and take another look, undecided for now though. Gotta love plastidip to help make up your mind for <$6

·
Registered
193 Posts
I couldn't agree more. The look of plastic chrome cheapens the car. I'm going to plasti-dip black the GT silver side rails located below the doors.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't agree more. The look of plastic chrome cheapens the car. I'm going to plasti-dip black the GT silver side rails located below the doors.
once I decide on a look, I'll actually paint it legit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: 1362

·
Registered
122 Posts
Chrome sucks. The slightest bit is nice as a contrast, but most of the time too much is used. I imagine a day that chrome is just not used. Let's find a new finish instead, please.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If anything, you can rip off the bits you don't like.
always a win

Chrome sucks. The slightest bit is nice as a contrast, but most of the time too much is used. I imagine a day that chrome is just not used. Let's find a new finish instead, please.
agreed man!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Stoopid plasti-noob question: Would plasti-dipping the front hood part like you did provide protection from chipping? or is the plati-dipped part as vulnerable as bare paint?

- B

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stoopid plasti-noob question: Would plasti-dipping the front hood part like you did provide protection from chipping? or is the plati-dipped part as vulnerable as bare paint?

- B
in essence...its like rubber in a can that sprays. Additional protection WOULD be added...but marginally. More coats = more protection. Usually 3-5 coats for a thorough plastidip coverage. Possible added benefit but not a reason to plastidip even if same colored. IMO

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you thought about having the grill wrapped instead? I'm thinking about getting the roof wrapped.
No, plastidip is far easier an cheaper, and if it gets a nick...30 seconds and its fixed.

removed top...ill make decision soon on exactly how I want the front

Attachments

Reactions: RhinoTheBeast666

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks better without the top plasti dipped. Was it as satisfying as peeling the plastic off a tv?
yeah :p

Headed out to peel off old test, and redo for a complete job. Pics in an hr or two

1 - 20 of 70 Posts