Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Perfect Wheels

10K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  SUKXOST 
#1 ·
BBS XA Rims. Design looks very similar to the GT trim wheels ??

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=BBS&wheelModel=XA&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent&tab=wheels

#2 ·
I'll be getting my car (soul red) with stock (ugly) 16" alloys and studless winter tyres. I think 17" would be a good compromise (looks vs. comfort) for summer tyres.

What do you think of these wheels:
MSW 27 (quite kodo styling?)

Borbet CW1 (looks bigger than actually is)

#3 ·
Nice wheels But when it comes to after market wheels you have to sure it is the right offset and can clear calipers etc.
Which raises the question ... does the CX-3 use the same wheels as the Mazda 3 (same part numbers ?)
I was going to go with a 16" alloys for snow tires (down from the 18" on the car) but considering the fact that alloys can get easily damaged, I am thinking now of just going with steel wheels and Mazda wheel disks. I have also found that after a number of years with the snow tires never off the wheels, the alloys corrode from the salt and slow leaks happen.
Also on the subject, I understand that Mazda does not use any TPMS sensors (Tire Pressure) in the wheels, only uses rotation or something like that.
Which is good as no need to purchase optional sensors or need for any fancy recalibration, just press the TPS button to reset (I assume).
Not sure of this is true but was mentioned in a dealer video.

#4 ·
I have had aftermarket wheels on every car that I've owned. You don't need to make it more difficult than it is. Just choose right offset and width. Basic cars with "small" brakes are easy to find a suitable wheels.

There are specific wheels for winter use and they have surface finish that is more resistant to the elements.

Cx-3 has a passive TPS. It monitors wheel speed difference via abs sensors.

#5 ·
Thanks for that info.
I just went to a Mazda dealer site and the CX-3 does use the same part number for 16" and 17" for the Mazda 3, CX-5 and Mazda 6.
I had bought a set of used newer VW 17" alloys to replace 16" on a previous gen VW Passat and they did not clear the caliber which is why I am cautious.
One of my winter alloys from Tire Rack developed a slow leak from salt corrosion which is why I may just go steel. (which may or may not make any difference).

#13 ·
Has anyone installed 17x8 inch wheels with 225 or wider tires? Any experience to share?

#14 ·
curious as well.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.