Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought of something while browsing around. What's everyone like in the real world? Nothing too specific.
Family, work, hobbies, all that fun stuff?

I know that there's an anchorwoman out there and that ccie5754 is a StarWars fan. Just want to get to know everyone else.

I'll start:

Administration
No kids but 1 Goldfish (hoping bob lives through the winter):crying:
Ontario

I also own a motorcycle with a few battle scars. :crying:
Travelling and hibernating in front of my laptop in the winter.
Almost forgot my love of Doctor Who.

·
Registered
87 Posts
38 yrs old
divorced, no kids
current Active Army 15yrs
educated and veracious atheist/anti-theist
sports lover both playing and watching
prefers anomalous "adult" activities
love to travel
car enthusiast

·
Registered
193 Posts
57, mechanical engineer at a nuclear generating station, kids grown, first grandchild, Lilah born last April. Sold my motorcycle and purchased the MX5 for safety reasons... too many people driving with their face buried in a phone. Here's Lilah...

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Married with one child (Olivia 12 years)

Work at Nokia Denmark (for 16 years now) first many years as telecommunication engineer, now more administation.

In my spare time I ride Mountainbike (in flat Denmark, yes) and enjoy ultrarunning (something longer than marathon)

i've also had a couple of motorcycles, but they are sold now.
My first was BMW R1200C. Second was BMW K1200RS.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
57, wife (anchorwoman), 2 daughters (anchorettes) no pets and a CX-3.

Left school as a mechanic and after finishing a four year apprenticeship, went on to study for several different qualifications. Went on to be a Field Engineers in the automotive braking industry and then kept creeping up the ladder until I became European Technical Sales Manager, heavily involved in brake testing and development (no, my forum name isn't because I was in the navy, there's lots of clues here). As a matter of interest, I worked out the test facility at Federal Mogul (the product name was Ferodo) in Smithville Tennessee for a spell. I would then travel up to the vehicle builders in Detroit and Canton. I also had a little customer in Ingersoll, Canada. That job developed into too much sales and marketing so ended my days in the motor industry.

The history of Ferodo is one of breakthrough friction technology | Ferodo

In 2003 I went down a completely different avenue. I went on the railway and now do what most schoolboys wanted to do and drive express passenger trains. I'm very lucky and drive high tech, high powered diesel units with a really high power to weight ratio of 2250 bhp @ a tad under 200 tonnes.

Most of my spare time seems to be spent on vehicles in one way or another. The anchorettes both run Toyotas that are very much my responsibility and I help a mate out with all sorts of jobs. I also get roped into the odd house rebuilds and enjoy woodwork. I spend every June in Florida and last year I met up with Junebug in Baton Rouge who runs the US RAV4 forum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
25. Boston area.

Aspiring Biotechnology professional. Any molecular biologists in the house? I'm looking for a new job.

When not in the CX3, i'm on my Vulcan 900.

·
Registered
41 Posts
56, Bellevue, WA, suburb of Seattle. Structural engineer by schooling but now run the IT department at the engineering firm where I work. Bought the CX3 for my wife. She likes the looks, I like the tech, and the looks too. :) 4 grown children and 3 grand-kids. I spend my summer months riding the western US on my Honda ST1300.

·
Registered
70 Posts
48 yrs old out of Montreal Quebec (yes I'll swear in french if you kick me in the shins), Network Engineer for Bell Canada. CCIE 5754 for anyone that knows the business. Married twice (not at the same time). Ex lives in Atlanta GA with my 11 and 13yrs old sons (no, not an easy situation). 3 graphed daughters who have now flown the coop, which is why I went from Honda Ody to CX3

·
Registered
137 Posts
54 years old, married with 2 adult kids (one of each). Started my working life completing an electrical apprenticeship. After years of crawling through ceilings and under houses I decided to go to Uni part time to complete an engineering degree, majoring in telecommunications. Managed an engineering design area for a large transport/rail/engineering company for a couple of years before completing my Masters in Business and then changing tack to become an Asset Manager for the same mob.

Besides the CX-3 (which the better half drives) we also run a near new Ford Mondeo (Fusion for the North Americans) and a 7 year old Honda Civic (the male sprog uses it now as it is the only manual).

We also have two small dogs which aren't allowed in the Ford.

Thinking about it we tend to spend a lot of our spare time eating and drinking too much.

·
Registered
246 Posts
61,married 32 years,two sons 22 and 20 been a electrician ,39 half years, still having fun crawling in attics and crawl space's, ha...have a 130 lb great pyrinies, named oliver, besides my wife's cx3 my 20 year old has a 2016 Mazda 6,I drive 2011 cx7...

·
Registered
193 Posts
7 of the 10 responders are employed in the STEM fields. Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Hmmmm....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am 27 years old, and I am from Norway. For the moment I am a fulltime student. I have an IT engineering degree from a technical college, and are currently taking a Bsc in networking and advanced computer systems at a university.

My hobbies are football (soccer for you americans), IT/AV, movies/series and cars. I have bought a CX-3 150hp AWD Automatic Optimum(also known as SportNav, GT, Akari) in the deep blue colour. Because of the high demand I will not be receiving it before the second week in January 2016. Looking forward to it :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm 30, single, no kids, from the Washington DC area. Got a bachelors degree in physics but I work in IT. My commute sucks but my CX-3 makes it a bit more fun and tolerable :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
56, Married with two adult kids and a pit bull called Bubba. I'm originally from NYC, but have lived in Florida for 25 years. I'm in the IT field. I bought a Crystal White CX-3 GT for my wife in October. I drive a Cadillac ATS, but find myself trading rides with her now and then since the CX-3 is so much fun to drive. Unfortunately, I think she's on to me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
turning 37 next January. Originally from the Philippines but currently based here in Texas. All my working experience came from debugging microprocessor for both Intel and AMD.

traded my 2012 Kia Sportage for the CX3. Best decision so far.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Female, 42, married, no kids. We're the typical DINK family. I have a degree in biomedical engineering.

In my spare time, I play bass in a band, raise fish, silversmith. I traded my 2007 BMW 328 XIT (my first new car purchase) a little over a month ago for my CX-3. I'm very happy with that decision.

·
Registered
119 Posts
We (both my wife & I post with same log in) are in our late 30's. We live and commute in the Toronto area in Canada on average 100kms each day. The CX-3 replaced my wife's 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix that had 260,000 kms and is still running well (donated to sister).

I'm currently a Transit Operator driving 40F & 60F long buses around the city always on the look out for CX-3's. My wife is an estimator and CSR and enjoys honking the horn at bad drivers and her favorite, people who don't signal (she may edit this). My current ride is a 2013 Kia Rio SX Hatch with 140,000 kms on it and currently the CX-3 is getting similar or better gas mileage surprisingly. Still have my 1990 Miata with 370,000 kms and currently driven by my father.

Our CX-3 is named CheX pronounced "checks"( we can start another thread on names for your car, lol)

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'll be 42 on Tuesday (eeek, where does the time go). Project manager based in Seattle who travels abroad often. Therefore, I don't drive often and live near the office so I don't drive far. My last vehicle had 13k miles in a 3 year span. In my spare time I manage my HOA, play with my pug and take long walks in the rain (it's Seattle, after all :p )

The CX3 is my 18th vehicle and people laugh when I say I plan to keep it for many years as they know my history. My last vehicle was a BMW x1, total waste of money so trying to be responsible with the CX3.

I spend a lot of time in front of a computer so you'll see me on here often.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Enjoy reading about some of the members here. :)

Wife: 45

I'm a Manufacturing Planner for Cornelius Inc. (15 years) Graduated from Devry with an Electronics Degree but haven't done anything in that field for the past 18 years.

Have been in to cars ever since I was a little kid growing up in Florida around old muscle cars and big monster trucks. Got into the German and Import scene when I came to Chicago around 12 years old. My cousins were part of some older Mazda and Toyota clubs and as soon as I was old enough to drive, I joined along.

Along with my love of cars, I love working out, running marathons, mud runs, warrior dash, and pretty much anything outdoors.

Got two boys (24 and 22). Their love for cars isn't as great as mine. They are more hooked on video games...still....:)

Anyone, look forward to chatting with you guys/gals.

·
Registered
30 Posts
25 years old out of Coeur d'Alene,Idaho. I'm in administration. I primarily drive a 2005 Nissan Frontier and my wife drives the CX-3. She works in early education. We have no kids yet, but we do have a pit bull named Lola (2 years old) and a leapard gecko named Raka (4 years old). I've been into cars since before I could drive. I have always done everything I can on my vehicles myself and plan to do the same on the new Mazda.

Outside of my interest in cars I am a vaping enthusiast and enjoy both making e-liquid and customizing ecigarettes using heat coloration, patina, and alcohol ink. I also create custom vinyl decals for vehicles or anything else that someone might want to apply them too. When I'm not busy doing one of my many projects I enjoy winding down with some video games.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts