Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've noticed that probably 1 in 3 times my passenger seatbelt warning sound will start going off when i'm driving with no one sitting in the seat, sometimes I have my phone and a small bag on the seat but that shouldn't be enough to turn the air bag on and start giving the seatbelt warning alarm to go off. I know with my luck ill tell the dealer about it and they wont be able to replicate the problem, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

·
Registered
745 Posts
So i've noticed that probably 1 in 3 times my passenger seatbelt warning sound will start going off when i'm driving with no one sitting in the seat, sometimes I have my phone and a small bag on the seat but that shouldn't be enough to turn the air bag on and start giving the seatbelt warning alarm to go off. I know with my luck ill tell the dealer about it and they wont be able to replicate the problem, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Yep, phone and a small bag ... that's about the weight of my (small Japanese) wife :)

Seriously, I either ignore the warning or put the miscellanea in the back seat ... or in the trinket tray, thanks to anchorman.

(How many times per day does the average person on this forum thank anchorman?)

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Yep, phone and a small bag ... that's about the weight of my (small Japanese) wife :)

Seriously, I either ignore the warning or put the miscellanea in the back seat ... or in the trinket tray, thanks to anchorman.

(How many times per day does the average person on this forum thank anchorman?)
:D One does ones best!

Like Mainemanx says, it will definitely initiate the alarm as the sensor on the CX-3 is quite small so the area is concentrated to probably just where you place your object. You can see on the attached pdf’s just where the sensor is so you might be able to avoid it, you could fasten the seatbelt or you could just pop the items on the floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D One does ones best!

Like Mainemanx says, it will definitely initiate the alarm as the sensor on the CX-3 is quite small so the area is concentrated to probably just where you place your object. You can see on the attached pdf’s just where the sensor is so you might be able to avoid it, you could fasten the seatbelt or you could just pop the items on the floor.
Thank you anchorman for living up to your reputation.
The sensors in the seat really are that sensitive. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
327 Posts
The downside to fastening the seatbelt or using one of those dummy clips in the latch is that if you got into an accident, the car would think there's a passenger in the seat and could allow the airbags to deploy on that side when they otherwise might not need to if there's no one in that seat. In that situation, the car is likely already in bad shape, but maybe not necessarily over the limit for a total loss. Air bag deployment on some cars, depending on their value, results in an automatic write-off as a total loss because of the cost to repair the airbags, damaged trim, and interior cleaning, etc. If the both the front and side curtains go off, it's probably a goner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts