Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First
Thank you to DJ9999 and to Rampant for your help with an earlier question.

Now then:
My five foot one inch tall wife is easily able to eliminate the "no airbag deployed" status when sitting directly on the front passenger seat. However, She would like to sit higher to enjoy a better view out of the vehicle. Putting a cushion under her, however, fails to trigger the weight sensor for the passenger air bag, resulting in a "no airbag" status.
Is there a solution to this - either by commanding the airbag to deploy under a much lower weight load or by setting the "no airbag to be deployed" sensor on the dash permanently to the "off position"?
Or, perhaps, someone has a "recipe" for a cushion that DOES trigger the airbag weight sensor, as it should?

I'd be grateful for any solution to this problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
^^

nothing a month long diet of burgers, fries and shake won't fix.

j/k. you may want to contact dealer for that issue. I don't think any of us on the forum is qualified to tweak this safety function

·
Registered
872 Posts
You may want to look at the type of cushion you're using. If its somewhat rigid or wide it may place weight to the sides of the seat rather than directly on the seat bottom. Thats probably the safest and easiest option without having to deal with electronics or trying to trick the system otherwise.

Maybe try a dense memory foam product or pillow to see if that transfers the weight better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts