Mazda CX-3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise me on the interior leather on the Grand Touring? I've made my mind up on the Ceramic Metallic but I have stalled on the interior color. I like things to match and blend. I know that the black will match and blend with any color - but I think (from the pictures) that the parchment leather gives a touch of elegance but I've never seen it in person so I don't know if it matches/blends with the Ceramic Metallic or just plain stands out and looks out of place. I have no Mazda dealerships near me and the closest one doesn't have any CX-3's in stock. Of course they will find me one but I need to be sure of exactly what I want before I make that decision. I have seen other cars that have an interior that just totally looks out of place with the exterior of the car and I don't want to make that mistake. Any advice and/or opinions are greatly appreciated. :|

·
Registered
872 Posts
I love the parchment. For me, it is one of the things that sold me. Black is so common while the parchment stands out and adds a premium feel. I've seen CM with parchment and to me, it looks great. Would have been my second choice over my black honestly.

But its all a very personal decision and your expense. Good luck with your decision and purchase!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a Ceramic GT with black interior. I really like the parchment but I had that color combo in my 2013 Accord Coupe and it took some work to keep clean as the ink from blue jeans seemed to rub off on it.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Initially, I didn't want to spend another £800 on the stone leather but I just thought that it added to the whole package. It's real leather and it's real suede. I read a review somewhere that suggested the leather was easy to keep clean so I changed the order.

Having done it, I'm pleased that I did. It has the ambiance of an upmarket motor. I've been in it with dirty and wet jeans and they easily wipe clean again. I wouldn't try and persuade anybody either way. The black is nice and that gets the red bezels on the heater vents. But! If anyone is undecided because of reservations about keeping it clean, I haven't experienced it. I do wipe the seats every week which keeps on top of it but that only takes a few minutes (I don't think anyone has ever sat in the back yet). Maybe some leather interiors have a softer nap that could absorb dirt and dye.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Initially, I didn't want to spend another £800 on the stone leather but I just thought that it added to the whole package. It's real leather and it's real suede. I read a review somewhere that suggested the leather was easy to keep clean so I changed the order.

Having done it, I'm pleased that I did. It has the ambiance of an upmarket motor. I've been in it with dirty and wet jeans and they easily wipe clean again. I wouldn't try and persuade anybody either way. The black is nice and that gets the red bezels on the heater vents. But! If anyone is undecided because of reservations about keeping it clean, I haven't experienced it. I do wipe the seats every week which keeps on top of it but that only takes a few minutes (I don't think anyone has ever sat in the back yet). Maybe some leather interiors have a softer nap that could absorb dirt and dye.

I think you hit it on the head....its about maintenance. My '13 Accord was the first year on the model refresh with a new interior so there wasn't a lot of chatter about the parchment leather being stained blue jeans in the first year. Some time in 2014 is when I started hearing about it but I'm like you and maintain my interior/exterior with a minor case of OCD :D

Right after that video, I took out a couple of space heaters, warmed up the garage a little, wiped off the snow and cleaned it up again....like I said...just a mall case of OCD.

Bottom line, I wouldn't suggest anyone NOT to get parchment, but just encourage you be conscious about keep up with cleaning and protecting it. :D

I will agree, it gives the CX a more upscale look.:D

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Don't talk to me about OCD - I get proper annoyed with myself at times. I can get the car out of the garage to go to work and with not a lot of time to spare, I'll spot some bits on the carpets and then be incensed to get the vacuum out "stop effing about and go to work". Sometimes in bad weather, the car will get immediately coated in crud so before I put the car away I'll wash the glass down, then the lights.......

.........if I had a pound ($1.5 dollars!) for every time that has morphed into a full wash I'd be a rich man. I also get mocked for dusting the dash with one of the many microfibres tucked in my car. To me it just makes use of otherwise dead time. Now that reminds me. Some traffic lights in the USA take forever. Bloody hell, I could do an oil change at them on 192. Civil war would break out in England if the lights took half as long.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a Ceramic GT with black interior. I really like the parchment but I had that color combo in my 2013 Accord Coupe and it took some work to keep clean as the ink from blue jeans seemed to rub off on it.
+1
I also have a Ceramic GT with black interior. I love the look of Parchment new but the test of time maybe Parchments weakness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have recently bought a cx-3 with white leather seats. After just two weeks, I can see stains from my blue jeans on the leather. Can someone advice me which product I should use to keep it clean?

Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was tempted to get the parchment, rather than the all-black. However, I had taupe (off-white) leather in my Acura, and it was a real P.I.T.A. to keep looking nice (meaning clean). For the most part, I was the only one in the car, but even then, I thought it got dingy if I didn't treat it every so often. So now that I'm retired and semi-lazy, I got all black and am glad I did.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Strangely I never got blue off my jeans but I did get dirt. I found I could get rid of it quite easily with Meguires leather wipes. I chose to have a black interior in my CX-5 because I didn't think all white looked as nice as the white and black combo. I also think the red stitching is super cool and it is BUT, I think I may have made a mistake in that knowing the white CX-3 seats needed very frequent cleaning, I know these black ones must be dirty and I just can't see it. If I have another CX-5, it will have the white interior.

·
Registered
238 Posts
We have had the parchment leather for over a year. Helped sell my wife on the car. After a year and over 11K no problems or stains. We do clean our cars though. Good luck with what you decide. The parchment does give a "class" look to the interior IMHO.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the white leather and after 6 months I haven't had any stains, marks from blue jeans or anything else. I'm so glad I opted for the white as I think it really adds a "wow factor", especially with the red interior accents against the Soul Red paint. Wouldn't it be cool if you could get the interior accents to match each paint colour? Dynamic Blue Mica was our other favourite colour, and would love to see that paint with the white interior and blue leather accents and seat piping.

Anyway... back to the original topic...

As much as I like the white leather, I've always thought it would be a strange combination with the Ceramic exterior. I actually mentioned that to a salesman friend at our local dealership and apparently they thinks so too, and have yet to bring in a single car (CX-3 or any other model) with that colour combination. That means I've never actually seen that combination in person. However, just looking separately at the 2 colours in the showroom, the Ceramic seems to lean to the cooler, grey-ish side, whereas the white leather leans more to the warmer, creamy side. It seems to me the 2 would clash, but as I say, I've never seen the combination together in person so I'd have to reserve final judgement.

Reactions: anchorman

·
Registered
5 Posts
I test drove a CX-3 with black/parchment leather and absolutely hated it (the look, i.e., not the car!). [Apologies to anyone who likes it!] The combination and the material type was just not right. Obviously, I got the car with black leather. I can't comment on the care required but quite a few others have already.

This is obviously a very personal taste dependent answer. There is no right or wrong answer. Here is my suggestion. Since you are in a position where you cannot physically look at a model to make the decision, sticking to the black leather would probably be the *safer* of the two options.

Just my two cents. Whatever you decide to do, will be the right one!

Reactions: mainemanx

·
Registered
745 Posts
I chose black because I thought there was already enough "going on" in the cockpit: brushed aluminum, fake carbon fibre, polished black plastic, chrome, red leather accents and stitching ...

In fact, if I had my druthers I'd replace the suede inserts with the same material used on the rest of the seats.

Reactions: kobelco and drs88

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the white leather and after 6 months I haven't had any stains, marks from blue jeans or anything else.
Update to the above...

Apparently the typical blue stains from jeans are highly dependant on brand. After having no issues at all with blue stains for over a year, my wife bought a new pair of jeans a few month ago and we now have blue staining on a regular basis. The CX-3 is her daily driver, so I find that the driver's seat bottom needs cleaning every few weeks now to get the blue off. I really want to toss those jeans in the garbage but they are her favourite pair... we don't own a dog house so who knows where I'd end up sleeping.

Luckily the blue isn't difficult to remove. I have a friend in the upholstery business who stressed the need to avoid regular household cleaners on leather, so I've been using a cleaner/conditioner from Leatherique Canada that works well.

I used to tell people the white leather didn't seem to require much extra work, but thanks to a single pair of jeans that's no longer the case. Despite the extra effort though I'd still choose the white interior today, but then I'm a bit of a car nut and don't mind detailing cars. If cleaning cars is not your thing and you only do it once or twice a year then white is probably not for you.

·
Registered
451 Posts
This is one reason why the labels on Jeans advise you to wash them when they are new before wearing them. The dye on brand new jeans hasn't fully set yet and a washing is needed to get the in less stable dye out. I have found that even sitting on your regular furniture can result in the dye transferring onto the upholstery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts