Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has thought of, or seen the black plastic moldings, painted to match the body color?

And start the poll now....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have added a poll to this post. I would like to paint them, but I am a little nervous on what the overall look will be. If anyone has done this, can you post a picture or 2?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I personally don't think it would look good at all. I think it would end up looking cheap, despite the actual costs involved in doing it. The plastic has a texture to it that would almost certainly come through in the paint and end up looking like orange peel. To avoid that would involve a lot of prep work to smooth out that texture. Even going to all that trouble, I think it still wouldn't look good.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I think it would detract from the CUV look.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not Too Sure

I have added a poll to this post. I would like to paint them, but I am a little nervous on what the overall look will be. If anyone has done this, can you post a picture or 2?
If anyone has bothered to search for Mazda CX3 Body Kit, there is a Company called ETONI, they have a couple of Pics for all to see what the Car would possibly look like with just the Wheel Arch Moulds Painted, in a couple of Images.

Mazda CX-3 Body kit by Silkblaze - Body Kit - Automotive Accessories

Personally I have considered doing this exact same thing to my Car, but Mazda Australia wants quite a lot of Money to buy replacement mouldings then I would have to get them Painted.

I think just doing these would not take away from the Cars great style, and only personalize it further, but that is my opinion.

Darren

·
Registered
745 Posts
The poll's a bit hidden ... for my ancient peepers.

I just voted "no", but I must say, judging from sippffo's link, it looks pretty good to me.

How about trying PhotoShop for alternatine views?

·
Registered
327 Posts
If anyone has bothered to search for Mazda CX3 Body Kit, there is a Company called ETONI, they have a couple of Pics for all to see what the Car would possibly look like with just the Wheel Arch Moulds Painted, in a couple of Images.

Mazda CX-3 Body kit by Silkblaze - Body Kit - Automotive Accessories

Personally I have considered doing this exact same thing to my Car, but Mazda Australia wants quite a lot of Money to buy replacement mouldings then I would have to get them Painted.

I think just doing these would not take away from the Cars great style, and only personalize it further, but that is my opinion.

Darren
Is Plasti-Dip available in Australia or some other equivalent vinyl in a spray form? It wouldn't be a color match, obviously, and maybe wouldn't be a great permanent solution even if it did match color. But it might be good enough as a trial to give you an idea of how it might look in person with no risk other than the cost of the spray material and your time to do it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes that

Is Plasti-Dip available in Australia or some other equivalent vinyl in a spray form? It wouldn't be a color match, obviously, and maybe wouldn't be a great permanent solution even if it did match color. But it might be good enough as a trial to give you an idea of how it might look in person with no risk other than the cost of the spray material and your time to do it.
had crossed my mind to give it a quick couple of coats with Plasti-Dip, the main reason that I was giving some thought to it was because I have fitted Simmons Alloys in full matte Black, and now sometimes think that all the black against my white car looks a little too much, hence just doing the Guard edge, not anywhere else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts