Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I am trying to upload pick wont let me, I drag pic into box, uploads then does not show, What am I doing wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
posting with an image host like photobucket is best.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Audi 6 allroad, price in europe 60000$. And you all still bitching about mazdas paint!? Less than two years old

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Audi 6 allroad, price in europe 60000$. And you all still bitching about mazdas paint!? Less than two years old
Good example nik.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place to post but I'm at the dealer now and they say that while m car is approved for the lift gate paint recall they don't have the parts for a few months. I'm like wow ? they are so behind!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paint Chips

CX3 2016 Soul 3500 miles Red Paint Chips
As you can see the paint has a primer problem......
Am making claim to DealerShip and will keep you posted

cx3 paint 1.jpg

cx3 paint2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jacob.

I can see you have some paint chips but how can you conclude that this is a primer defect?

Can you give us more details about your car and your location please.

Reactions: 17CeramicMetallicGT

·
Registered
2 Posts
CX3 NG Paint

Thanks for your comments.

All the front end and even doors have this issues.
Pictures a from hood, fender , bumper.

But its a primer failure.
Here is the reason why.

Paint has three main layers.
Primer/Base/Clear which has to pass a few test. Hardness / Adherence / Color Test
When a rock hits a painted part the clear which has between 25-35 micras will uphold the paint.
So when you see that a little rock scrapes away the clear, base (color) and primer the adherence is NG.
So i did and adherence test since I work where I have all this equipment and againg is NG.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
For the benefit of all of us, please update us with the response from Mazda.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Jacob,

Well said, Exact Issue I am having - How do rocks hit the side of your doors? It seems to be issue with the Red soul Colour, I could wrong I don't know how to post my pics, but look just like yours, Flakes all over the front of my car. and sides. I hade Mazda 3 skyactive last year, no chips or flaking - and I do a ton of driving.

Mazda is aware they have an issue - Time well tell when they step up to the plate. Thanks for sharing, as everyone on this site thinks I am a troll lol - Or crazy mazada hater.

Have good Xmas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gals/Girls,

I am fellow cx3 owner 2016 myself, have had car less then 6 months, my paint is failing, over 12 chips, paint is flaking off. If you own a cx3 you need to write to Mazda Canada Warranty - I have been to 3 Paint detailer shops, the primer is failing - The hood of your will flake off in a couple of years.

Was told they used a cheaper/ in their words more envirmently friendly paint this year on the cx3 - Mazda USA is running into very big problems on this, they are aware - Canada they have not made a decision on this topic yet.

If you think its rock chips or just, say hey only a couple of dings - You need to think again. Its going to get worse.
So please see your dealership asap, also contact Mazda Warranty. - I have owned 2 skyactive modesl3 and 6 never had this much damage to my paint.

Thanks,

I think what she is trying to say is that the clear coat is bubbling and flaking off in tons of spots.
I have the same issue with my Cx3 2020 , only 8 months old and there are about 30~50 spots of clear coarse flaking, I'm gonna contact the dealership I bought from and mazda canada

21 - 33 of 33 Posts