Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just purchased a CX3 Akari in Australia and unfortunately no models here come with paddle shifts.

I was interested to know from those who have them how they operate on the CX3.

Can you use them in D mode and then let it drop back to full auto after a period of time ? etc etc.

On ebay I can buy the parts and have seen other Mazda forum posts re retro fitting paddles so may give it a go.

NEW JDM Mazda CX 3 DK Steering Shift Switch Genuine | eBay

Has anyone given it a go yet on non paddle models ?

Craig

·
Registered
872 Posts
They are pretty simple. You can activate them to go into manual mode and downshift just by flipping the paddle. Then it goes right back into auto mode. Good prep for passing etc.

If my car didn't have them, I'd be fine just using the gear selector. I'm surprised they actually bothered to put them on this type of vehicle with its power output.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
I use them mainly to change down to pass as its smoother than the lurch that comes with kick down. As DJ says, it will drop back to auto when it is satisfied you have finished playing or you can hold the change up paddle for two seconds to force it back to auto. I like them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I enjoy mine on occasion. Sometimes use them for downshifting when coming to a stop, or as others have said, passing other cars. In my opinion however, it may not be worth the money and install time. Are you sure these can be installed on a trim that doesn't already have them? They might just be replacement parts.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses.

Glad they work in D for downshift then return to D after a period.

Cant understand why they chose not to have them in CX3's in Australia.

Using Manual mode is not the same but may have to do for a while till I can work out how to add them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts