Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw a question about external thermometer reading different than outside temperature. Most of you said it would be off a few degrees. Mine actually reads way off. Ex: might be 1 degree outside, mine will read 35+. I can see it climbing. Would this reflect the temperature of the car engine itself?
Never had a car showing external temp before but seems kind of flawwed if it is THAT off.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
549 Posts
IIRC, there are at least three temperature sensors.

There's the coolant temp sensor, the intake air temp sensor, and the ambient sensor.

The first two are used by the ECU to make decisions on fuel and ignition timing. The last is just for us fleshy meatbags to gawk at.

Is the temperature more or less accurate at cold startup versus after the engine is warmed up? I forget where the ambient sensor is located on the CX-3 but maybe it's physically touching something that warms up with the engine.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I know I saw a question about external thermometer reading different than outside temperature. Most of you said it would be off a few degrees. Mine actually reads way off. Ex: might be 1 degree outside, mine will read 35+. I can see it climbing. Would this reflect the temperature of the car engine itself?
Never had a car showing external temp before but seems kind of flawwed if it is THAT off.

Thoughts?
Expecting C but set to F? the numbers fit

zoom-zoom

·
Registered
451 Posts

Thoughts?
It sounds to me as though you have a U.S. thermometer installed instead of metric (Canadian). 35° F would be pretty close to 1°C.

·
Registered
226 Posts

Thoughts?
Have you checked the temperature setting? Go to Settings->System->Temperature and you should be able to toggle between either F or C setting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts