Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed on my CX-3 GT that my Outside Temperature Display is off sometimes by 5-7 degrees higher then actual outside temperature is that normal ? Where is the sensor located for that temperature feature ? Thanks......

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
It's at the tip of the yellow arrow just in front of the radiator so when you start driving and the engine is still warm from a previous trip, the sensor will read high. After a short time in the airflow it will drop to the ambient temperature. Quite normal.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I knew anchorman's post with picture and arrow was on its way lol. Always so helpful....

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
typically they are inaccurate as there are so many factors that would throw off the reading:

- car's operating temperature
- speed at which the car is travelling
- if the car has been previously parked in extreme temps for prolonged periods (i.e. baked under the sun for hours)

The above are examples that I have noticed to cause discrepancies by 2-3degrees celcius minimal

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
Like most gauges, they are only a guide. It does alert the driver of sudden or extreme changes in temperature so it may save an accident on a frosty road. I would miss my outside temp gauge if only because it gives me chance to assess the weather.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts